Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Antibiotics/pill/condom slipping off!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
(Before i start i have done a search and didnt find anything!)

Okay this could take some explaining! Im on the pill but have been on antibiotics recently and so was told by my doctor to use condoms during them and for 7 days after. This seven days went beyond my normal pills and into the placebo ones (im on microgynon 30 ED btw) so as the little book says i threw them away and started a new pack.

The antibiotics finished last wednesday so i was supposed to wait till yesterday until we had sex without condoms.....had sex on tuesday WITH a condom but it SLIPPED OFF (painful to remove :shocking: :eek2: !!). From thinking about it me and the bf worked out it must of slipped at least twenty mins before he came.

I think its pretty much impossible to be pregnant but hes paranoid and so im asking you all?!?!??

Comments

• Options
    If you are worried at all, then you should either obtain the MAP, if you are still within time (I can;t remember the limit), otherwise abstain until your next cycle.

Question is, do you really want to take any risks at the moment?

Might also be worth talking to a pharmcist. You don't need to ask a GP because the pharmacist should be able to offer advice on this issue...
  • Options
    This seven days went beyond my normal pills and into the placebo ones (im on microgynon 30 ED btw)

what do you mean placebo ones?

i dont think there is a very high risk of you becoming pregnant. i cant remember when you said you had sex but if its less than 72 hours ago take the MAP.
    if you think you are pregant go to see your doctor and he/she will advice you on what to do.
    if you were only one day away from the time you could stop using condoms the chances are you will be ok
  • Options
    If you are worried at all, then you should either obtain the MAP, if you are still within time (I can;t remember the limit), otherwise abstain until your next cycle.

Question is, do you really want to take any risks at the moment?

Might also be worth talking to a pharmcist. You don't need to ask a GP because the pharmacist should be able to offer advice on this issue...

MAP - morning after pill, although its name is a little misleading as it can be used up to 72 hours after sex (3 days). I would suggest you go tonight to a pharmacy [some are open late] - phone NHS 24 and they will tell you.

Personally I dont think you will be pregnant but to put your mind at rest emergency contraception can be bought at the pharmacy [around £25] - but is free on presrciption [that is if you can find a nurse/doc that will prescribe it].

Oh and tell your bf to buy smaller condoms if he is gonna use them in the future.
  • Options
    what do you mean placebo ones?

Not a placebo per se - rather inactive tablets.

That is, there are 21 active tablets and 7 inactive

Basically so you take a tablet every day.. and wont need to remember the 7 day gap
  • Options
    Not forgetting that an IUD can be fitted as emergency contraception within 5 days of unprotected sex.
  • Options
    Bit drastic if she is already on the pill.
  • Options
    Alot of meds can effect your birth control but nothing has been shown to make it not work at all if you take it corectly. I doubt that your pregant. Is your period late
  • Options
    Thanx for the replys. Period aint due for about 3 weeks so i didnt want my bf being constantly paranoid for the next 3 weeks so thought id check it out with everyone. Thankx for the replys! I'll go sort things out tommorrow.
  • Options
    Panthro wrote:
    Oh and tell your bf to buy smaller condoms if he is gonna use them in the future.

Smaller ones don't fit, it was the change of position that caused it to come off rather than him being small!