Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Herpies / genital warts / anything else it might sound like

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
If a bloke had any of these would it only be directly on the genital areas or could it also be where your groin joins the top of your legs.

Tts a red raised very painful looking rash around the groin area where it joins the leg but not on the genitals. Like where a girls bakini line is

Basically a friend of mine has told me that her boyfriend has these symptoms and is in excruciating pain to the point where the doctor has signed him off work for a week.

She doesn’t know that I have slept with him, she is a recent friend and I didn’t know that he was with her at the time. So understandably I cant explain the situation to her. Also English is not her first language so I'm not sure how accurate the description is.

She said that the doctor described it as similar to a verruca but couldn’t elaborate on it anymore due to her lack of understanding as they were talking fast.

Does this sound like it could be a S.T.I

Also if it is herpes / genital warts or something that occurs in flair ups rather than being present all the time (or that’s what I understand anyway) if I were to go and get an S.T.I test would it show up even if I wasn’t suffering any symptoms?

Sorry for all the questions

Thanks

*inserts symptoms doh!*

Comments

• Options
    anyone? please...
  • Options
    Is this the guy that is a flatmate? And you slept with him? If youre the right person because I remember seeing that avatar a while back you may want to get yourself seen to if it turns out he has contracted something.

It doesnt sound like an STI, sounds more like an ingrown hair or something. Blokes get them as well at least my boyfriend does and i know for a fact he doesn't shave... :p Sorry, Ive probably been of no help.

herpes

warts
  • Options
    yep thats me that you remember.

its deffinatley more than an ingrowing hair. he is the ultimate workaholic and doesnt take a day off for anything but he has been off today. The only time i have seen him is when he practically crawled to the bathroom and was crying in pain. My friend was at the doctors with him but although her english is good she couldnt understand a lot of what had been said. all that she understood was that it is a similar kind of thing to a verruca.

Oh i forgot to mention before that she was saying the area affected is bigger than his hand.
  • Options
    iv just realised that what i said wasnt very clear. The rash isnt like a varruca, its just caused by a virus or whatever that is similar to one that would cause a varruca
  • Options
    Sounds like he's having a rough time. But you should really get yourself checked out, I dont know really what those symptoms are, obviously he knows because the doctor would have told him. Is there no way of "inquiring" with a "knowing look" if it was an STI?

Some STI's you have to wait a few days or weeks on their results, like HIV and syphillus. (or maybe its clahmydia?)

Anyway, definately get yourself seen to and I hope everythings ok in the end :thumb:
  • Options
    thanks for you reply i will ring up and try to get an apointment asap. Id go and ask him now beacause its worrying me but she is here playing nurse maybe tomorow
  • Options
    sometimes my bf gets a painful rash there when he has been using a cricket cup.

it never hurts to get yourself checked sexually at any point - not just if u think you may have contracted something, and it will put your mind at ease too.
  • Options
    if it is quite big it could be a form of boil or abcess - but give yourself a good checking over and go to see the practice nurse or something. better to be safe than sorry!
  • Options
    As far as I know herpes and warts appear around the genital and anus area, so if these are on the legs it doesn't sound like it falls into this category. Obviously, without being checked up - or knowing much about his symptoms, you are a bit in the dark.
    If you had unprotected sex with this guy nd have worries about your sexual past, the best thing you can do is get checked out. Make an appointment at your local GUM clinic or with your GP.

Visiting a GUM clinic

Good luck