Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

rashy problem...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I wasn't sure where to put this but hey...
My skin is pretty sensitive and my boyfriend has alot of stubble. When we kiss my skin gets very irritated and goes red. Not red as in blushing but red as in i look like I've just been stung by a hive of bee's type rash (without the lumps ) It lasts for about 20mins untill my skin calms down but its really noticeable. I'm not sure if it's his stubble or not...and i don't think I can ask him to shave it off seeing we've only just started going out. Is there any way I can prevent this? Creams or anything? It's really gettin me down. :(

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Basically, he's gonna have to shave it off, or you're going to have to stop snogging him so much!!! I think if you tell him about the problem he won't mind being clean shaven when he sees you, has he noticed the redness on your face?
  • Options
    I sympathise. When my bloke is stubbly it really hurts my skin. The only thing you can do about it is to ask him to shave!
  • Options
    ive had a girl ask me to shave for this exact reason, i dont see why he'd mind
  • Options
    if he really is opposed to shaving if you let it grow a bit (im not talking grizzly adams nesseceraly - well unless thats your thing!) it becomes softer and doesnt irritate half as much
  • Options
    Thanks everyone. I'm glad someone else had the same problem.. I honestly thought I was really odd. He must have noticed already ...believe me its obivious. He did say once that he should really shave, maybe I should say something next time...i just hate going all rashy and sore! Anyone know of any cooling or calming creams that could reduce it?
  • Options
    Maybe some aloe vera gel would be cooling, it's for sale in Holland&Barrett, try applying lots of moisturiser before seeing him, and lots after, but something unperfumed etc if you have sensitive skin. It's not too kind of him to leave you all red and rashy, maybe he should either have a proper shave more often or grow a goatee or something, it does go softer after a while. Poor you!