Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Posh Restaurant - what to wear?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I wasn't sure where to post this so I have put it in fashion and here. I really need help! I am taking my boyfriend to a four star hotel friday night and have booked us a table in the restaurant there for dinner. Its a surprise so I have told him that my dad is taking us to a restaurant for dinner and that we are staying at his house over night so that he packs a bag and takes something smart to wear for dinner. The thing is that he doesn't have a clue what to wear to a posh restaurant. Should he wear a suit, or just smart trousers and a shirt? Any ideas or suggestions? Please help!! Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    Smart trousers and nice shirt should be fine ... but then again i'm no fashion expert...
  • Options
    Whats he feel comfortable in ? if its not a suit then stick with the smart trousers and shirt, if he is ok with a suit and feels comfortable then go for the suit.
  • Options
    He can wear whatever he wants. Most hotel restaurants won't demand a tie but it's probably advisable to wear a shirt with a collar and proper shoes.
  • Options
    underwear is usually preferable, unless you want east accewss afterwards
  • Options
    Cheers! Thanks everyone. I think he is going to go with smart trousers, shirt and shoes - I'm sure he'll wear underwear as he doesn't like the sound of going commando!
  • Options
    I'm sure he'll wear underwear as he doesn't like the sound of going commando!

:yes: zips is all im going to say :p
  • Options
    people seek digital advice for what to wear when going out to eat?!
  • Options
    aparently so
  • Options
    I swear I saw the same thread in fashion like yesturday....
  • Options
    I wasn't sure where to post this so I have put it in fashion and here. I really need help! I am taking my boyfriend to a four star hotel friday night and have booked us a table in the restaurant there for dinner. Its a surprise so I have told him that my dad is taking us to a restaurant for dinner and that we are staying at his house over night so that he packs a bag and takes something smart to wear for dinner. The thing is that he doesn't have a clue what to wear to a posh restaurant. Should he wear a suit, or just smart trousers and a shirt? Any ideas or suggestions? Please help!! Thanks.

Why not just ring them up and ask if they have a dress code - just saw my aunt's video from her cruise and everyone had to dress up in Tuxedo's for dinner - no tux ..no food!!
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Not helping at all, but I hate this kind of places. If somewhere is a place where I can't wear what I'm comfortable in then that's the place I'll avoid like the plague.