Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

What guys should wear to a posh restaurant

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I need urgent help!! I have booked a night in a 4* hotel, including evening meal and breakfast, for me and my boyfriend on friday night. I have told him that we are going to my dad's for the night and that he is taking us out for a meal in a posh restaurant as it is a surprise. I have bought a nice simple black dress to wear for the restaurant in the hotel but my boyfriend doesn't know what to wear. Does anyone have any suggestions? Should he wear his suit, or just smart trousers and shirt? Any other ideas? Help would be very muchly appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• Options
    think youve answered your own question really. he wants to be wearing something that'll match what youre wearing. what i mean by this is he doesnt wanna be in a scraggy t shirt and jeans, nor does he want to be in a top hat with a cane! you want to fit in with everybody else in the restaurant im guessing, so if he wears a simple shirt/trouser combo, with a nice pair of loafers, job's a good'un. :thumb:
  • Options
    relaxed shirt, but not too relaxed and nice jeans or sensible trousers and as superfly said, "nice pair of loafers".
  • Options
    a smart pair of jeans/trousers with a smart shirt. voila.
  • Options
    Generally in hotel restaurants you get a complete mixture of what people wear so it doens't really matter. But as has been said, since you're getting dressed up he needs to watch you so probably a smart pair of trousers and a shirt. I think a suit would probably be over the top unless you want him dressed in one ;)
  • Options
    Thank you everyone! He's going to go with the shirt and smart trousers and a nice pair of shoes!!
  • Options
    Personally I'd wear a suit but that's just me. I'm of the school of thought that a well-cut suit will never go out of fashion and will always look good. Hope you have a nice dinner!