Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Questions About Getting My Clit Pierced

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So basically I really would like to get the hood of my clit pierced.
I have been looking on websites, which have been give me a few ideas and this one really does have my full attention in wanting to get it done.

I know there is a few girls here that has had it done by the past threads made about it, but like to get more info on it from your personal experience. Anything ya wish ya had done before hand or after it that you didn't do, etc.

How much did it cost?
When getting pierced there, is it recommended to shave/wax before getting pierced? Or does it not matter? If I was to wax, how many days before getting pierced? Or does that no matter? As I only shave sometimes there. Most cases I just keep it neatly trimmed ya see.

During the healing process, how did you cope? Was it sore to sit or when wearing any particular type of clothing?

It gets a little graphic now (You Have Been Warned), but it is something that I wondered. Just say one week you get your hood pierced. Then the following week you take your peirod. I never wear tampons, as I don't like them. How do I go about with that? Assuming my fresh piercing could easily get affected by this? Do I just try to change my sanitry towel more regulary than usual, etc.

Can't think of anymore questions at the moment. But properly will later on when I think about it more.

Comments

• Options
    Oooh I have a questions too! Well maybe a couple. How dangerous is it to get done? I mean what are the chances of it totally ruining my sexlife for ever?? Also I've heard stories of women getting it done and then have an orgasm when sitting at the back of the bus cos it vibrates.
    How much will it improve sex? How long after getting it done do I have to wait to have sex again?
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    bmezine.com is your friend - I haven't linked to it because some of the info you will be looking for is a little, erm, explicit, shall we say.
  • Options
    LadyJade wrote:
    bmezine.com is your friend - I haven't linked to it because some of the info you will be looking for is a little, erm, explicit, shall we say.

Yeah my friend actually showed me that the other day. Very good website.
    But was hoping to get more direct personl responses on here. That I couldn't find on that site.
  • Options
    shave a couple of days before hand to get rid of any irritation, bumps etc might look a bit stubbly but they've seen it all before, mines cost £30 from a very good one down here. with the healing tbh mine was healed completely within a week to 8 days, dosent usualy take long as long as its kept clean and was only really sore during the first day or so, also with your period, sanitary towels wont make a difference, change as often as you do usually.
  • Options
    Oh my goodness some of the things on that site are disgusting
  • Options
    Would I need to stay away from jeans for the first day or so would you say. Like wear skirts or track bottoms, to stop anything diggin in, etc?
  • Options
    Hmmm... now all I need to do is find a good peircist in london
  • Options
    Would I need to stay away from jeans for the first day or so would you say. Like wear skirts or track bottoms, to stop anything diggin in, etc?
    only avoid tight jeans its unlikely to dig in unless there quite tight but the extra air from wearing loose clothes will be quite useful

and wave bye bye to lace underwear, once woke up in the most excruciating pain as the lace had wrapped round the bar and was pulling at it
  • Options
    Zella wrote:

and same for me in Belfast - probably go for it in a couple weeks after I pay me phone bill off first.
  • Options
    But was hoping to get more direct personl responses on here. That I couldn't find on that site.

I thought they had stories and experiences on there?
  • Options
    Zella wrote:

Cold Steel in Camden usually comes highly recommended. Been a while since i've been up that way but......................
  • Options
    And I thought you was a good girl CTBK?!
  • Options
    LadyJade wrote:
    I thought they had stories and experiences on there?

I have read a couple of them. And with most they are just explaining what exactly happens during the procedure. I was hoping for more detailed advice in making the piercing easier for myself before and after getting it done by asking ones of here in what they did/or wish they did do now thinking about it, etc.

And Jinx, I am a good girl... hehe
    Just very open minded. :)
  • Options
    Ahh, I see. In that case, I would highly recommend you drop in on the piercer you think you may go to, and have a chat. I think it is true of any body modification that you should feel comfortable with your practitioner, but in particular for this type of piercing, so it may be good to meet them first.
  • Options
    LadyJade wrote:
    Ahh, I see. In that case, I would highly recommend you drop in on the piercer you think you may go to, and have a chat. I think it is true of any body modification that you should feel comfortable with your practitioner, but in particular for this type of piercing, so it may be good to meet them first.

Yeah I think I will do that. Though I do know I can trust this guy, as my mate goes to him all the time for his piercings. He is very good and very clean.
  • Options
    rachie004 wrote:
    and before you ask no it doesn't hurt

Well I'm prepared just incase... hehe But still defintely something I want to get. Got me friend to agree to come with me so she can hold my hand.

Also, if I was to say, want to change the piercing after the healin process is over. Would I have to go back for that, or could I actually do it myself?!
  • Options
    Hello!

Right well. Have you decided whether you want a vertical or a horizontal piercing yet. This is quite important! I had a horizontal piercing with a CBR (a ring with the ball). This was great as the ball would rub on my clit when aroused. However, when i went to get mine done i was unsure as i thought (and still do) that a vertical piercing actually looks better, although it doesn't give much sexual pleasure.

Your piercer should sterilize the jewellery he is putting in you. If he doesn't have a sterilization machine on the premisis or it doesn't come in a vacuum packed pack, then go somewhere else as an infection would be nasty. Check cleanliness of the place as well.

As for the period question. I use tampons so i didn't have this problem, but i would say to get pierced the week after your period so that you have 3 period free weeks in which to heal. I can't imagine anything worse than if some blood were to get caked on the piercing and trying to clean it off, especially on a new piercing.

Mine completely healed in a couple weeks. I loved it while it was in (it migrated, damnit!) and truly miss it now! hope this helps :thumb:
  • Options
    Yeah, I actually want the Vertical Piercing. As it looks nicer to be honest.
    I'm going back to the place were I got my rook pierced, so I do know the guys through a friend and they aren't just some back street piercing place. They are very good and highly skilled in their job. I defintely wouldn't risk getting this piercing just anywhere.

As for the peirod issue. I am actually just on it now :( So plan to get it done the following week, as like you said, it gives me a few weeks for the piercing to heal.

This may sound dumb, but I just want to be prepared for it all. But when it comes a time, I decide to take it out. Can I take it out myself? And does it close quickly like the rest or would I be at risk in getting infected then as well??

Thanks for the info so far by the way.