Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

throwing away the V plate

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi, Im 18 years old(just) and still a virgin. The fact that i am a virgin doesnt bother me and i am under no pressure to lose my virginity from anyone. For a while now iv been wondering what sex is like and i am desperate to try it, i keep thinking that if i was to get hit by a bus tomorrow then i would never know what it was like. I havnt got a boyfriend but there is this guy who i care alot for but we are just mates. Iv always wanted to wait for the right guy but now im not so sure if im bothered about it being with 'the one'. I just want to get rid of my v plates so that i can start living a little and have fun sexually.

Do u think i am wrong thinking this way?

Comments

• Options
    You need to do what you think is right for yourself! I personally do not go along with the whole 'wait until you find someone you love' line.But it is not about just getting your virgnity over and doen with. Just do what you are comfortable with!
  • Options
  • Options
    I felt exactly like that in January, i was so desperate to find out what sex was like, etc that i just kept on going clubbing & pulling anyone who was interested in me but i always wussed out at the last minute thinking how i'd rather lose my virginity to someone who actually cared for me rather than a random guy i might never see again. I didnt have to wait long after that, i met my boyfriend in february & i'm glad i waited because he was the right guy and i havent regretted it.
    So i definitely agree make sure if you're comfortable with the guy before doing anything.
  • Options
    it depends. do you think that in a years time you'll look back and regret losing your virginity with someone who didn't mean a lot to you? also if you sleep with your friend it could have the potential to ruin your friendship. from my experience, it's not something to be rushed and it's far better with someone who you really care about and trust.
  • Options
    Take it from me, its the person you are that matters! If you feel you need to lose ya plates, lose em but be careful! Have fun and enjoy! The right guy may be years away so have some sexy fun!! :naughty:
  • Options
    Some article that might help you:

Am I ready for sex?

Being a virgin
  • Options
    I would say do whatever it is you want. I was always the same way I got sick of not knowing and not being able to be apart of the countless sex convo's my friends had and being labeled no fun and prude. But i didn't let it get to me even if i had a boyfriend. I'm glad that i didn't just give in b/c now I'm really in Love 102% and I only want him and would be very ashamed to admit i was with other prior to him. I would say do what is best for you and what you want but just think of what you may want in the years to come
  • Options
    becky4131 wrote:
    :no: at the end of the day, its your body.
  • Options
    It depends on how far you've gone with a guy already, aswell! There's no need to go the whole way in one go, it's nice getting to a different base everytime, plus, if it is someone you like, and who likes you in the same way, then 'giving' them your virginity would be pretty special. I thought I'd found the right one, I was totally nuts about him, but he was just a git basically and stringing me along. You win some, you lose some eh!
  • Options
    If you believe in God, which I don't, apparently you go to Heaven by default if you're a virgin when you die so getting hit by a bus might be a blessing in disguise...
  • Options
    I had a short spell last year of just wanting to have sex to see what it felt like, and didn't feel like waiting for anyone really special. In the end I didn't because nothing came of the guy I pursued. Instead I waited and a few months later met my bf and he was my first, then I realised how glad I was I didn't throw it away to just anyone :)

Then again, it's your body so see what you feel. But don't rush into anything, you can't take it back ;)
  • Options
    Hello!
    I think this is a toughie.
    When i was younger 14/15 i just wanted to have sex,i didnt see it as having any special meaning just that it was a bit of fun between 2 consenting people.So i lost my virginity at 15.It wasnt terrible or the worst thing ever.It was ok and with a guy i had been with for a while who i knew cared about me..
    But looking back,having alot more sexual expereince under my belt as im nearly 19,i wish i had waited for that extra special person who would have made all the difference between it being ok and amazing...
    We are all different but myadvice to you would be even if you dont think sex matters much now,therer will come a point where it will and its best to look back at your sexual memories with happiness and not regret.
    But whatever you do -DO IT SAFE!!
    The indie kid x x x
  • Options
    Thanx for all ur replies, im still not sure what to do but i guess by saying that iv answered my own question, i know tht u have to be 100% sure before having sex so think im gonna leave it till im sure-i dnt wanna regret it in a few years.
  • Options
    I don't think I 'regret' it, it's not something I ever think about-but at the time it was a big deal for me and he broke my heart-so I'm glad you are thinking it through properley!
  • Options
    becky4131 wrote:
    Hi, Im 18 years old(just) and still a virgin. The fact that i am a virgin doesnt bother me and i am under no pressure to lose my virginity from anyone. For a while now iv been wondering what sex is like and i am desperate to try it, i keep thinking that if i was to get hit by a bus tomorrow then i would never know what it was like. I havnt got a boyfriend but there is this guy who i care alot for but we are just mates. Iv always wanted to wait for the right guy but now im not so sure if im bothered about it being with 'the one'. I just want to get rid of my v plates so that i can start living a little and have fun sexually.

You sound like an average horny virgin to me. Though if you give your virginity away to just anyone you may regret it in the future. Sex is fun, but it is more intense and wonderful an experience if you are in love with the person you are doing it to. My advice, wait.