Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

birthday trip

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
if your boyfriend/girlfriend took you to amsterdam for your birthday would you be pleased?

either for the day or for 2 nights....what would you prefer?

(it'll be august so hopefully nice and sunny!)

Comments

• Options
    Yeah thats a cool present! I would say at least have one night in Amsterdam. It'll give you chance to enjoy the city at night.
  • Options
    Yeah thats a cool present! I would say at least have one night in Amsterdam. It'll give you chance to enjoy the city at night.

i was hoping for one night but it seems you can only stay a minimum of 2....it's gonna cost about £160 for 2 nights and the flight...not to bad!
  • Options
    Ohh i take it you looked into them links i showed you :D

i would say 2 nights, as it leaves room for the erm, night time version of fun ;p
  • Options
    It'd be a nice surprise, but I'd rather go somewhere nice.

Horse for courses. Does he like Amsterdam?
  • Options
    i think that's be lovely. there's sposed to be something for everyone there. definately 2 nights!
    SBG
  • Options
    yea that is interesting i am devising something of that sort
  • Options
    id be chuffed to bits.i love amsterdam its fascinating.
  • Options
    I'd be pretty happy :yes:
    Would like to have a look round Amsterdam... the Anne Frank museum and whatnot. Perhaps not on a romantic weekend though :chin:
  • Options
    i think it would be great! definately 2 nights tho, i went for with a girlfriend a couple of years back and we only went for 1 night just a quick trip etc.. and we didnt have time to get up to much at all.

Its a nice city if you stay away from the seedy places.

im going again at the end of july, cant wait! this time its with the lads though. Its not as good as Prague or Budapest tho, a'dam is quite expensive i thought.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    It'd be a nice surprise, but I'd rather go somewhere nice.

Horse for courses. Does he like Amsterdam?

i dunno, i've been and i like it. i duno where to go, cant be to far cos i cant afford it. we're going to greece in july anyway. i just wanna take him somehwere for a few days for his birthday. just something he wont forget
  • Options
    I'd be over the moon. And from personal experience Amsterdam can be the perfect place for a romantic weekend...my boyfriend and I went and managed to combine sightseeing, romantic meals for two, shopping and chilling out. I think Amsterdam has a bad press to be honest...yes it has a red light district, thriving sex industry and the cannabis thing but it is also a lovely city with pretty canals and interesting architecture. I'm biased as I love Holland but I reckon your bloke will be totally chuffed!
  • Options
    Hmm, has no-one else heard of all the various museums and stuff? Amsterdam is more than just the sum of its Red Light District, y'know!

As well as Anne Frank, there's Van Gogh, the Rijksmuseum, the Historical Museum, the Jewish Museum, the Resistance Museum....and the Heineken Experience :D (your blokey should love that - for €8 you go round the place, which is really good fun and there are even silly rides, you get 3 glasses of Heineken along the way and a funky little glass to take away with you :cool: ). If you've been there, blonde_batman, you probably know all this, but I'd thought I'd enlighten the rest of this ignorant lot ;) Me and my other half went there for a w/e in October, and as well as evenings spent in coffeeshops (which actually have a great atmosphere - even to me as a non-smoker) we managed to have a very cultured time.

Oh, there's a fantastic Mexican restaurant in Amsterdam, too!
  • Options
    I would love to go someplace nice for my birthday just because no one has ever made a big deal of it . so it would be nice to just be spoiled for once. Tho as long as I'm w/ my b/f it wouldn't really matter
  • Options
    Hey!
    I think its a great idea.Im looking into taking my boyfriend there as a surpirse at the end of july hopefully.£160 sounds like a great price - do tell where you got that from.
    The indie kid x x x
  • Options
    Hey!
    I think its a great idea.Im looking into taking my boyfriend there as a surpirse at the end of july hopefully.£160 sounds like a great price - do tell where you got that from.
    The indie kid x x x

the £80 for the flights was on easyjet. and then after searching on the internet, a friend found me a couple of sites which were for hostels but you can search hotels and b&b's on the same ones and they come back quite cheap :)
  • Options
    I'd love it!! thats so sweet!!
    b nice to do the whole nightlife thing so stayin longer than a day is a good plan, then doesnt feel like a rush to see everything.
    Holland is a beautiful country so take time to take that in!