Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Spots on arm

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm sure I posted about this before but anyhoo.

For the past say 6 years i've had these horrible little red spots all over my upper arms and they won't go away. They're really affecting my confidece to show my arms. Does anyone know how i can get rid of them or even what they are? Should I visit my doc?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    I have the same, can't get rid of them and i dont like showing my arms cos of them too
    i am tryin to wash with a spot soap and then putting cream on them too but no change yet!
  • Options
    I think getting red pimple type things on the upper arms is a sign of bad circulation and that exfoliating the area is supposed to increase blood flow and the pimples go away. :cool:
  • Options
    and exfoliating means?
  • Options
    Jazza wrote:
    and exfoliating means?

Rubbing away dead skin cells. You can get body scrubs or use a loofah thingy.

I don't think it's the removing the dead skin that gets rid of the pimples though, more the pressure you're using that helps the blood flow.
  • Options
    removing the dead skin from your arms with something rough, eg a scrub or loofah.

body brushing may be useful too.
  • Options
    http://www.skincare4uonline.com/kp.html

i get that too, it sucks but i just live with it
  • Options
    yeh ive got that too, ive never understood why it appears on the top of my arms at the back but nowhere else?
  • Options
    Are the spots like burst blood vessels under the skin?

I have millions of these on my arms and a few on my back. I went to the GP and he said they are nevises and are just broken blood vessels and you can't get rid of them. He said they tend to be more common in people with high metabolisms?? I was really worried about them and thought they were leukemia as this is one of the symptoms, but he assured me I was being a hypocondriac, gave me a blood test to stop me worrying and sent me on my way...miserable with lots of red spots on my arms (mainly at the top!)

me
    xx
  • Options
    Do you mean like little red speckle type things? I think a lot of people have those and I don't think there is anything to be done about them..try not to worry so much.
  • Options
    Yes, little speckly things!
  • Options
    Its all about diet!

I had those for ages, small spots and bad skin on the back of my upper arm, nowhere else. Then I got a new girlfriend, and I asked her opinion. She said it was too much sugar in my diet. (i drank coca-cola by the gallon and ate chocolate by the kilo). I refused to admit it, but gave it a try and lo-and-behold, they have disappeared!
  • Options
    old thread, but hes right. 2 years on and mine are gone.
  • Options
    I know it's an old thread, but mine are now gone. Biggest factor was my diet, supplimenting with fish oils really helped.
  • Options
    I know completely what you are on about. I have a few but my sisters upper arms are COVERED in them. They're not like actual spots....but like tiny red lumps?

We've found that being out in the sun makes them go away, because we've always noticed that when we go on holiday they disappear. She's an idiot though because she picks her to the point of bleeding and now she's got loads of scars.

I'd prolyl say go to the doctor. :)
  • Options
    Yeh I saw on tv (diet doctors or soemthing..) that tey're due to a deficiency in your fdiet.
  • Options
    lipsy wrote: »
    Yeh I saw on tv (diet doctors or soemthing..) that tey're due to a deficiency in your fdiet.

deficiency of what though?
  • Options
    DG wrote: »
    deficiency of what though?

:lol: how bad was my typing!

errrm errm. i don't know. I rang up my ex and told him he needed to eat more of something.. might have been omega 3.
  • Options

errrm errm. i don't know. I rang up my ex and told him he needed to eat more of something.. might have been omega 3.
    I love the fact that the only word you spelt correctly was the hardest one to spell in the sentence :lol:
  • Options

Omega 3 would be fish Oil ..

Sure it wasn't Zinc cos that comes from seafood and it a huge component in skin healing?
  • Options
    i have them too..

wow this thread ened ages ago but im gonna reply, i got them too and my mum and i saw that a girl in my year has them too, it gets worse at differnt times of the day or if i feel anxious.. cuz when i wake up thier not bad..
  • Options
    I've had red little bumps on my upper arms my entire life. I've asked a lot of doctors about it and they've told me that the tiny red bumps are little hairs on the upper arm trying to push through the surface. Some of us have dry/dead skin and our hairs are to weak to push through it, so we get a tiny red bump of skin where the hair is trying to push up.

The ways suggested to me of getting rid of them are exfoliation, moisturization, sun exposure and waxing the upper arm. When you wax it (even if you can't see any hair there), it rips away some of the dead skin, letting some of the hairs up, so some of your red bumps will go away. If you do this though make sure you moisturize afterwards. Waxing definately isn't a quick fix, but in my opinion it has reduced some of my redness. I think exfoliation and putting lotion on my arms has made the biggest difference.
  • Options
    I recommend Flake Away body scrub from Soap and Glory - it really smoothed out my upper arms after only a few uses.
  • Options
    yeah i go to the south of france every summer and i always noticed that the spots would disappear.
    However the only problem is i live in england where there isn't much sun, os i have these spots all year round till it hits summer. :razz: