Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Facial Herpes?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Right, this is a bit embarrassing but hey, here we go!
My boyfriend has these spots/sores on his face, near his mouth. He goes to the doc and is told its facial herpes. As far as I know herpes is sexually transmitted, now I dont have it so how does he, as he says he's never had it before and he's never had sex with anyone but me? And why on his face? Ive heard it can be something to do with cold sores? But does anyone have any ideas?
Ta x

Comments

• Options
    cold sores are caused by a variant of the herpes virus.

they're passed on by contact, but it's not necessarily sexual. i got them after being kissed on the cheek by one of my aunties (who had a sore at the time) when i was small.

avoid kissing him until it heals, but be aware that once you are infected they can flare up when you are run down, or if you've been in the sun, or just randomly.
  • Options
    Tell him to use a coldsore cream and stay away from kissing and giving you oral sex untill its cleared. Otherwise you could end up with genital herpes!
  • Options
    mmm, genital herpes, that sounds nice! :yuck:
    thanks for ur help, just a shame i get no kisses for a while! x
  • Options