Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Waking up in strange places...?

2»

Comments

• Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Bananaman, I understand that you resent the govenrnment dictating to you how you should live your life, but IMO you are kidding yourself if you dismiss the harm you are doing to your body. By all means drink at those levels if you must - no one should be able to stop you - but make that choice with a full awareness of the facts, not with complete denial of the effect it will have on you in the future.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    firstly - i would just like to point out one thing.

if you read something that someone wrote here - do you know them? do you know what type of person they are? no - i do not think so. it is internet bullshit really. a forum for unleashing all the crap you do not want to bore you friends with. yet - some some to take it seriously - like they were up on a podium at a grand debate and their rep was in jep. get down off your high moral horses you blaggards and ride the donkey of love. chill the fuck out and, in most cases, stop pretending like you give a shit.

read my posts again please if you think i recommended anyone drink 12 pints. the only recommendations / advice given was - don't mix drinks, eat well. if anyone wants to argue with that - fine. you obviously do not drink if you disagree with this advice. 12 pints was mentioned as a comparison - if i stick to my Guinness and remember the night, maybe he should try sticking to one drink. that was the reference to 12 pints. please re-read if you disagree

get past the mercury comment. i'm not going to get into it anymore as it is not the point. look it up all you want on the internet - everything you read on the net is true, right? try asking a scientist / science lecturer about it - or possibly actually reading about it from a real book. then you can comment.

scytherchick - HOBOPHOBIC - read it. that is not HOMOPHOBIC. apart from an M being replaced by a B - the difference is - one has a fear of homosexuals. the other has a fear of bums/hobos/street people. there is a big difference and it was a "joke" anyway. it really is sad that people do not read your posts properly - and then comment on them from their high moral stalion. you call me an embarrasment yet you cannot read the words in front of you. now thats an embarrasment to the Irish. " And you're homophobic. Wtf? When your av is bananaman?" - honestly. is this an argument? does this hold any weight what so ever? no. try engaging brain before finger. i am disappointed that an so called Irish person comes up with such a weak and pathetic argument, when in fact, you had no argument! you read this post wrong! i could call you an idiot, but i won't, cause i do not know you and have no business commenting on your personality or otherwise, as i have no idea who you are. if you have a problem with Bananaman TM, or think he is gay - who cares? i really do not give one single shred of a shit what you think about my avatar? it's incredible that just to jump on the bandwagon, you attack my crappy avatar! there is no weight in your comments. you do not care what you wrote. you simply typed it in because it's free and it's annonymous! please try using your brain, as i'm sure you are intelligent enough to come up with a better argument. or at the very least, impress us all with some knockout Irish wit.

ladyjade - yes i do resent being told what to do by the government. you must be the only one actually reading what i said - although you did say my advice was irresponsible - please refer to the first paragraph above - that advice is sound.

so slan libh. i'm done with this thread unless someone can further it instead of flogging it again. (i get the feeling that members here are quite young, with the exception of a few).

i'm don't expect any priblems from drink. call it the arrogance of youth (mid twenties now though!!!) - or plain stupidity if you want. i do not care. i will enjoy this (foolish) arrogance for as long as it lasts.
  • Options
    trust me bananaman, if you continue you drink such a silly amount you're going to end up doing some serious damage to yourself and your body organs, its not good. I get the feeling you think its a competition to see how much alcohol you can drink? if you think that was its very silly. I had a liver transplant this year and although it was not alcohol related i was told that a lot of liver transplant the hospital did was due to people alcohol binge drinking, and trust me, the experience of a liver transplant is not something i would wish on anyone.

so please take it easy, we're not saying this to be patronising, or because "we know best", we're saying this because we dont want to see you get hurt.
  • Options
    tbh bananaman you sound like some of my clients when in denial
  • Options
    For someone who doesn't give a shit about what I said you whinged on about it long enough. I just think your views are foolish and you had the adacity to bring in the typical Irish sterotype of a drunken lager lout. That annoyed me because it's people like you that fuel the fucking opinions that the irish are nothing more than alcos.

Its nearly the weekend, relax. :eek2:
  • Options
    Ok, I think that is enough sniping, we should all take our own advice and chill, relax.....
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    bananaman wrote:
    get past the mercury comment. i'm not going to get into it anymore as it is not the point. look it up all you want on the internet - everything you read on the net is true, right? try asking a scientist / science lecturer about it - or possibly actually reading about it from a real book. then you can comment.

I remember quite a bit about mercury poisoning from A level Chemistry - whereas I think you aint got a clue.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    it's people like you that fuel the fucking opinions that the irish are nothing more than alcos.

actually we are a country full of alcos :p
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    actually we are a country full of alcos :p

ssssssh! :angel:
  • Options
    bananaman -
    Point is, alcohol is a poison. You seem to eb under the idea that just because it doesn't kill you instantly then it can't be. If you do drink enough then you will die, and people do.
    As for drinking alcohol not doing nay damage, it's a very well documented fact that long term heavy drinking will lead to cirrhosis of the liver to some extent, which is where scar tissue forms on your liver meaning it cannot process and detoxify your blood as well.
    you're in your twenties, so no you're not gonna notice any effects, as i said, it's a long term thing and symptoms don't show up that early in general.
    no one is saying don't have fun or don't drink, and yes lots of people are annoyed at how they think govenrment tries to interfere too much in our lives, but facts are facts.
    done enough about it at university on my course (so yes it is from science leturers as well nto just online :p ), and there are plenty of medical research in journals/books/whatever showing it.
  • Options
    Well, this thread has entertained me over the week. But, now it's half five on Friday afternoon... who's going out on the lash tonight?

Will I remember most of tonights events come tomorrow morning?

:crazyeyes :nervous: :sour: :yuck: :eek2: See you on the other side!
  • Options
    just been having a look round this forum and found this and i think the majority of you lot are politically correct idiots.

there is nothing wrong with having a drink on a normal night i would class around 10 pints down the pub with my mates ok. if i go down the pub for a quiet drink ill have maybe 2 or 3. it depends on the mood who your with and how much money you have on you at the time :D

now me and mate have just totalled our alcohol intake for last night which was about 7 hours drinking and the total came in ata round 120 units :D god it was a good night and guess what i can remember it all and i still went to work this morning at 8 yet i didn't get in till about 4.30 i didn't start a fight i wasn't an arse i went out to have a good time. normally we would throw in a couple of lines of coke for good measure but we were out last night :(

i really do think it is down to the person on how much they can handle before black outs.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    furion wrote:
    just been having a look round this forum and found this and i think the majority of you lot are politically correct idiots.

there is nothing wrong with having a drink on a normal night i would class around 10 pints down the pub with my mates ok. if i go down the pub for a quiet drink ill have maybe 2 or 3. it depends on the mood who your with and how much money you have on you at the time :D

now me and mate have just totalled our alcohol intake for last night which was about 7 hours drinking and the total came in ata round 120 units :D god it was a good night and guess what i can remember it all and i still went to work this morning at 8 yet i didn't get in till about 4.30 i didn't start a fight i wasn't an arse i went out to have a good time. normally we would throw in a couple of lines of coke for good measure but we were out last night :(

i really do think it is down to the person on how much they can handle before black outs.

If you really think that's clever your an idiot. Drinking that much and taking coke will fuck you up. Whether you caused grief for anybody else isn't the point, your being self destructive and severely irresponsible.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    furion sadly none of us give a shite about you boasting how much crap you can handle before you black out. and this posts is like 7 months old.
  • Options
    i think the majority of you lot are politically correct idiots.

since when did 'political correctness' become confused with 'common sense'?
  • Options
    since when did 'political correctness' become confused with 'common sense'?

While I don't dispute having a few lines with a few pints isn't too bad...this fellow thinks taking copius amounts of coke and drink is ok and he thinks that he knows what the craic is but he really doesn't...ahh well he's not my problem! :)
  • Options
    furion wrote:

I wish you luck with your impending liver transplant, you utter moron.
  • Options
    furion wrote:

see you in the liver unit in a few years time

idiot
  • Options
    This is an old thread and I think that everything that needs to be said about the new post has been said, so I'm going to close it before it goes downhill...
This discussion has been closed.