Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Some Advice please

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Unusual to see me in this forum, I know.

Anyway, my brother smokes cannabis quite frequently... well, pretty much every day, several times a day to be honest.

He hacks his guts up most of the day too... a kind of black sticky substance. He's always coughing and spluttering and generally just describing it makes me want to wretch.

I've pretty much come to the conclusion that the two fact are related.

Anyone any experience of this?

Cheers.

Comments

• Options
    yes they are related...obviously cannabis has a lot more carcinogenic substances and chemicals in it than tobacco so when you mix them you get that stuff clogged up in your lungs, i used to get that quite often aswell, constantly coughing this stuff out, sometimes finding lumps in it, absolutely disgusting i know...just try and get him to cut down on the smoke but thats a hard thing to do when your a teen who loves to smoke... but if he has any regard for his health though i'm sure he'll do it on his own accord...
  • Options
    Thanks turlough. I'm glad to have it confirmed. He isn't going to stop. He'll probably be dead soon, if not from coughing up some lung or something then by being beaten up by people he owes money too. Oh well. :(
  • Options
    i pressume he's smoking soap bar shite.
    after thirty six years of dope smoking i'm cough free thankyou.
  • Options
    Thick shite in the air

Hey BumbleBee

This will give you some idea of why he is coughing.

I have a large stan-up fan in my living room that is on most of the time. For the first two years that I had it, it would be caked in crap and the see-through blades would go totally brown and I would have to regularly take it all apart and scrape all the crap off and brush all the wire mesh.

I thought that that was just what fans did - but then after I gave up smoking dope... to my utter horror... it stopped happening. And two years later it is still totally clean and the blades are totally see-through. That scared me. I had no idea how thickly the air was laden with crap. It's gross.

Also - don't forget that when we smoke puff we don't have filters, so this stuff is getting sucked staright through the roach into his lungs.

Oh joy!

You can buy filters though - and if you're worried but don't think he'll give up - why don't you buy him packs of filters and insist that he uses them instead of a cardboard roach.
  • Options
    What's 'soap bar'? Sorry if i sound naive, I really don't have a clue. Cheers.
  • Options
    BumbleBee wrote:
    What's 'soap bar'? Sorry if i sound naive, I really don't have a clue. Cheers.
    it's solid ...cannabis resin but only about 5% cannabis ...the rest is animal droppings boot polish diesel used engine oil etc etc.
  • Options
    It's just a lump of hash. (Looks like rabbit poo!)
    As oppsed to weed, which is the herb. (Looks like oregano!)
  • Options
    Solan wrote:
    no my dear ...soap bar is not just a lump of hash ...it is as i described ...it is criminal immoral poison.
    all because it is left in the hands of criminals.
  • Options
    Oh okay. I'm f***ing ignorant, man!! :blush: I think I'll stop trying to answer people's questions.

I was just trying to explain to the bee what it looked like, 'cos it didn't sound like she knew that.

I never really went in for all this knowledge/ingredients malarkey. I just wanted to get off my face, you know?!
    :banghead:
  • Options
    Solan wrote:

I never really went in for all this knowledge/ingredients malarkey. I just wanted to get off my face, you know?!
    :banghead:
    and here is the major problem with the lack of genuine information/education about the whole drugs issue for young people.
    and the fact that these substances are uncontrolled because of prohibition.
  • Options
    Fantastically pointed out there!! :thumb:

(Although I'm not young - just a tad ignorant!)
  • Options
    Solan wrote:

And weed doesnt look like that either, it will be the buds of a flowering plant, rather than just green powery leaves.
  • Options

Oh yeah - I'm thinking about the time I actually bought a bag of Oregano for £15 from some tosser outside Camden tube station!
    :yeees:
  • Options
    Solan wrote:

Oh yeah - I'm thinking about the time I actually bought a bag of Oregano for £15 from some tosser outside Camden tube station!
    :yeees:
    :lol:

someone I knew at school was sold oxo :lol: he was a moron.
  • Options
    Soap Bar Is Dry,non-oily,un-exciting Hash As Opposed To Soft Black Which Is Dark,oily,lovely Smelling,sticky, Yum,yum,yum,yum ! Get My Meaning?