Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

another telephone scam.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
around 15,000 people a month are recieving letters telling them they are no longer with bt or whoever ...your now with ...the blah blah telephone company.
all legal as well.
these people only need your address postcode ...phone number and name ...and cos of a loop hole in the law ...your switched and stitched!

Comments

• Options
    Bloody scammers...
  • Options
    Saw this on the news today..

they phone up and ask to send you information, if you say yes they sign you up and then you have 10days to cancel but most people think its junk mail and throw it away,

Fucking companies
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Yeah, i've seen these ones before. Its a nasty scheme indeed!

I daresay someone will find the offices of this company and do something about it. I hopeso, or I might be forced totake a week out of college. Hopefully Watchdog or someone will.
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    Yeah, i've seen these ones before. Its a nasty scheme indeed!

I daresay someone will find the offices of this company and do something about it. I hopeso, or I might be forced totake a week out of college. Hopefully Watchdog or someone will.
    but they have broken no laws so done no wrong.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    So have alot of things on shows like watchdog, its a way of pressuring them within the bounds of the law. These scams can be fought when exposed.
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    So have alot of things on shows like watchdog, its a way of pressuring them within the bounds of the law. These scams can be fought when exposed.
    trouble is ...if these people feel no guilt ...and the householder has no idea it is happening or happened ...it will have little more effect than warning people ...and then they just do it to us again and again with impunity.
    until the law is changed ...which takes time.