Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Following on from the fighting thread.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Given a situation with two men attacking a girl, in a remote location with nobody else about, if you saw it would you help the girl? Obviously the size of the men etc is a slight issue, but the principle is the same.

People don't seem to stand up for each other anymore ;s

Comments

• Options
    I don't know. I'd probably call the police and if I could find a weapon (like a stick I could use as a bat or something) I might step in. Either way, two blokes on a girl, I wouldn't stand a chance. Unless the lads were about 12 or younger.
  • Options
    I would call the police. Thats about all I would be able to do.
    I wouldnt ignore it though.
  • Options
    I'd call the police and wade in.
  • Options
    Yeah probably call the police..I'd like to intervene, but I doubt I could take on two guys..
  • Options
    I'd probably call the police and look for help till they come. Don't think I could run in and hope I'd scare them away. Then again, I may think differently if I really was put in that situation. I wouldn't turn a blind eye on it though no matter what.
  • Options
    See i'm one of these morons who'd go running in and take the kicking. Take them by enough suprise and they'd clear off hopefully. Couldn't just stand there and watch someone do that to someone else, especially in this situation of two blokes on a girl.
  • Options
    I think ive got too much of a self preservation instinct since I had a kid.
    Im a lot less inclined to do dangerous stuff in general - just too much to lose.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    I'd run in and smack the bastards.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Seeing as I carry a weapon with me at all times, i'd grab one of the lads and take him hostage, and give the girl my phone to call the police.

I don't think the other lad would try anything when his mate has a knife to his throat, or I hope so anyway.

Either that or i'd try it and get done in.
  • Options
    JsT wrote:
    I'd run in and smack the bastards.

Run in, or chutter in on your family tractor you dirty yorkie?
    Seeing as I carry a weapon with me at all times

Why? Carrying weapons is more likely to get you in more shit than you started off with.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Actually, its for self defence. Just becasue I have a weapon on me, doesn't mean im just gonig to use it now, does it?
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Doofay wrote:
    Run in, or chutter in on your family tractor you dirty yorkie?

The latter.
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    Actually, its for self defence. Just becasue I have a weapon on me, doesn't mean im just gonig to use it now, does it?

No, but it makes other people who actually don't give a fuck more likely to use theirs now, doesn't it?
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    Seeing as I carry a weapon with me at all times, i'd grab one of the lads and take him hostage, and give the girl my phone to call the police.

I don't think the other lad would try anything when his mate has a knife to his throat, or I hope so anyway.

Hmmm, see you're asking for a kicking if your willing to carry around something dangerous. It's not a case of self-defence, something like that provokes and promotes violence/dangerous situations to be honest. The second thing, how would you, in a situation where you're not gonna be thinking completely straight as this situation is out of the blue, successfully manage to grab one these blokes and 'hold him hostage' with a knife to his throat? It would be far from as simple as it seems...and would look great if you did manage to do it, when the police turned up to you with a knife to a blokes throat...you'd be plunging yourself into a heap loada shit.

As a girly, I would probably not intervene or if I did it would be a spontaneous thing that would not have been an intelligant mood...but then again, in that remote location circumstance, I'd probably have been travelling with a bloke or one or more persons so...lordy knows that would happen then...but I'd call the police definitely...

Malt xx :)
  • Options
    i'd call the police from a distance and try and get a reet good look at the guys' faces.

i'm about as useful as a chocolate teapot in a fight situation.
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    Just becasue I have a weapon on me, doesn't mean im just gonig to use it now, does it?

by weapon do you mean the knife i briefly saw in london?
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:

Carrying a weapon on you is fucking stupid. Firstly, it raises the stakes considerably and secondly, whoever you're trying to "defend" yourself against is pretty likely to take it off you and do you some damage themselves.

Best advice my mum ever gave me...
  • Options
    anyway, i'd definately report it, but, wether i would jump in or not is another matter.

i know i'm very strong, but i hate using my strength to inflict pain on others, hence why i avoid fights at all costs, but i wouldnt just ignore it, i'd report it and if i felt it was absolutely necessary, i'd jump in, but i would prefer not to
  • Options
    considering police response times here phoning them would be a bad idea...

what i'd do...does depend on size of the men but i'd probably walk over, grab the girl, fall on top of her so i'm protecting all of her and just take the beating myself...
  • Options
    i would call the police, then run between them (after finding a big stick) and kick out with my leg one side, and hit with the stick on the other, obviously aiming for the bollocks, then probably get beaten up myself
  • Options
    Id jump in for the girl and see how it went. It would probably be best to take one of them by surprise and try and get him out of the way before moving on to his friend.

Im sure my black belt in karate could come in handy here :yes:
  • Options
    Depends if I knew them... Or if I knew her and also how many drinks are inside me.
  • Options
    if the guys get a good surprise attack etc, they are likely to bugger off and run away if they dont have a personal issue with the person getting beaten, ie if its random mugging/rape
  • Options
    Reminds me of an incident that happened to myself about 10 years ago. I used to work in a bar and was walking to get the bus after I had finished. Across the road there was a couple argueing and the guy was very animated and offensive. He started pushing the considerably smaller girl against a window and slapping her. So I crossed the road to try and calm things down and he pulled a knife on me telling me to fuck off. And then his wife/girlfriend/'ho started on me as well. Telling me it was none of my business. So I crossed back over the road and phoned the cops. And :wave: when the van screamed to a halt and bundled the prick into the back of it.
  • Options
    Well i don't think i would be able to do a lot. So i would probabley just call the police or see if there was anyone else aroundt oo help.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    I'd try and spark the biggest fucker out in one go - that way you have only the lesser one to deal with.
    If you show no hesitation, get the first punch, give 'em a kicking unitl you know they aint going to get back up - quite often you will come out on top no matter who they are.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skive wrote:

sorry but i've just noticed your sig.

:lol: Harsh!
  • Options
    I'd probably call the police and shout at them, if it's ina remote location they're probably trying not to be seen, if they know someones coming then the majority of people (i'd assume) will try and peg it before someone sees them / catches them. I wouldn't be too keen on getting violent with them because if it did esculate to that then I would get one hell of a kicking.
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    Seeing as I carry a weapon with me at all times.

You know there's statistical evidence that those who carry weapons are more likely to get attacked and the weapon is very often used against them. To put it into an extreme context; think of the gangs in america who carry guns with them....
  • Options
    Id go in and fucking knock one of them out and then ask the other ih he fucking wanted some also,
    Then play the hero to the girl
    and not tell the police.