Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

avoiding going to sleep

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
now, dont get me wrong, I love my sleep... but recently I get the feeling I am subconciously/purposely not going to bed till late, due to my brain thinking it'll put of the inevitable - tommorrow.

sounds odd, but I think the amount of work I'm going to need to be doing soon, and the stress involved, is causing me to subconciously want to put off "tommorrow" for as long as possible.... Can't be a good thing really, can it? :confused:

Comments

• Options
    Join the club; I rarely sleep because I have so much work I think that I have to do it now, and that I cannot put it off.

Saying that, there are various things you can do to help you get to sleep, and once you get a good night's sleep, you tend to be able to tackle the work you've got to do far better.

Mac.
  • Options
    i go through the same thing. i also have sleeping problems cos of other things and have put up posts previously and people always suggest lavender, not drink tea/coffee etc before going to bed but it so doesnt work. if i cant sleep cos i dont want tomorrow to come i just find myself worryin/ stressin over it anyway. i get so exhausted that i end up falling asleep an always feeling shit the next day which makes things worse!!still havent figured out a solution to it, but just to let u know u aint the only one!!
  • Options
    same here...i've never really had a good sleeping pattern, i think a lot of it is sub-conciously putting something off...maybe there's factors in your life that affect this, also, having sleep paralysis on a regular basis makes sleep a chore more than something enjoyable for me...horrible condition imo...not being able to move but still thinking and having bad hallucinations and it takes a lot of energy to get out of it and just fatigues you even more...
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I used to get the same, very recently actually. Not sure how, but what helped was finding something to do with my day. The moment I feel bored, I do something (anything) that I haven't done, from watching a movie I haven't seen to going someplace I haven't been. I don't know why this helped...
  • Options
    I rarely go to sleep early. And If I go to bed really late (like 1am) I always find myself awake really early.
  • Options
    I'm always up late and as a result to that I always get up late it's because at the moment I've got no job so no real reason to get up early, when I get myself a job I'm sure I'd start having early nights.
  • Options
    thing is, I'm a great sleeper, when I get to bed I have no trouble falling asleep and sleeping well. It's just going to bed in the first place that I seem to be putting off sometimes, and I really dont know why :confused:
  • Options
    I do the same. I'll find anything to do in order to put off going to bed, whether that be making tea, trawling through tv channels 'til I find something worth watching, using the net........ I have problems sleeping when I do go to bed too; I always have uni work running through my head. Tis not good.
  • Options
    Replicant wrote:
    now, dont get me wrong, I love my sleep... but recently I get the feeling I am subconciously/purposely not going to bed till late, due to my brain thinking it'll put of the inevitable - tommorrow.

sounds odd, but I think the amount of work I'm going to need to be doing soon, and the stress involved, is causing me to subconciously want to put off "tommorrow" for as long as possible.... Can't be a good thing really, can it? :confused:

knacker yourself before it starts to get really late... no matter how much your brain wants to stay awake ... your body will need to sleep. :yes:
  • Options
    Is it normal to go to bed quite early, sleep well, wake up reasonably early and then be really tired late evening? I keep getting this, even if I get 9 hours' sleep...
  • Options
    that sounds pretty usual, if you wake up early, you'll get tired earlier :)

which is why when I wake up rather late, I dont mind staying up till 3...