Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Eye bag remover

I have these huuuuge bags under my eyes. They are dark and horrbile. Does anyone know anything I could use to get rid of them. I dont want to spend *that* much but I want it to work.

Thanks
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    The only thing I can think of is to cover it up with concealer. Yves Saint Laurent do the famous 'touche eclat' which has been copied by every makeup brand going, so it must be worth it...

Ilora x
  • Options
    This is I want some thing that will reduse the apperance of them with out using make up. Cos when I go to the gym I cant wear make up and they keep asking me if I'm ill and its strating to get annoying now.
  • Options
    Unfortunatly there isnt anything much you can do. Its because the skin under the eyes is a lot thinner than everywhere else, and it means the purple blood vessels underneath are more visible. Mr RB has dark circles under his eyes and ive bought him loads of creams, but nothing makes much difference. The touche eclat type things or a tiny dab of concealer are the only things that make any difference for him, and that only lasts until he washes it off obviously.
  • Options
    I read that Kate Moss (and other 'stars') used the cream that you use for piles. I'd give it it's proper name but I can't spell it.
  • Options
    Sounds obvious but are you getting enough sleep? Go to bed earlier then get up earlier, instead of lying in, which often makes you feel more tired.
  • Options
    I dont get the time to lie in cos of work. Got to be up and out by 7 three days a week and then the other days I have to be up for college. I go to bed around ten most nights.
  • Options
    The most obvious is lack of sleep...maybe Zella, if you went to bed earlier on those days that you need to be up for 7 would ensure you get at least 7 hours of sleep?

Read somewhere aaaages ago that bags could be caused by a defficeincy (sp?) in a certain protein found in red meats and rice...or, unfortunately...

it could just be heriditory, I have them too and cucumber slices relieve swelling in the short term and massaging your temples in the morning to get rid of excess fluid.

Hope that was of some sort of help
  • Options
    drinking more water could plump out the areas? or is that BS, i dont know-try it and let me know :thumb:

cammomile tea bags soaked in lukewarm water or cold spoons placed over the eyes have helped people i know
  • Options
    Char_Baby wrote:
    cammomile tea bags soaked in lukewarm water or cold spoons placed over the eyes have helped people i know

they are great for reducing puffiness, but for me they don't make the slightest bit of difference to my shadows :( nothing does, actually. only good make-up. not touche eclat though - or any high-end stuff, in fact. my face is contrary.