Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Ovranette to Microgynon - help?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi! As many of you probably know there's a problem at the Ovranette manufacturers and they've switched me and a lot of other people to Microgynon 30 temporarily. I'm currently on my pill-free week and am wondering whether or not I'll be protected if I start taking Microgynon when I would normally begin my Ovranette. I've read that they're the exact same thing by different manufacturers and they contain the same amounts of the same hormones. What do you think? Anyone know for sure?

Comments

• Options
    I've changed pills before and theres been no problem.
  • Options
    If you want to be absolutely certain call Brook or the fpa

Brook Advisory CentresAdvice, counselling and medical help around contraception, pregnancy, abortion and sexual health.
    Web: www.brook.org.uk
    Tel: 0800 018 5023

Family Planning Association Information service on family planning and all aspects of sexual health.
    Web: www.fpa.org.uk
    Tel: 0845 310 1334

Susie :)
  • Options
    I had exactly the same problem. The leaflet in the pack says to run them together, and the pharmacist told me that if I left a break I wouldn't be protected, but like Susie said, call them and see. I'm running mine together, but you said you were on the pill-free week, so I guess that isn't an option.

That was a bit confusing, wasn't it? Sorry, hope it made a bit of sense though.
  • Options
    I've found websites saying that the two are exactly the same in everything except for name, so I think I should be fine.
  • Options
    I@d talk to someone about it first before just presuming because a few sites say they're the same.

Whenever I've changed types of pill I've either had to run the packs together, or not been protected for the first 7 days.