Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

help

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
ok since my car accident my hair has been coming out in my hands, its alot more than usual and im really scared i will end up bald.

i think its shock or stress causing it as i have a hell of a lot on my plate at the moment but what can i do?

i cant stop myself from being down and in shock but i want to keep my hair :crying:

Comments

• Options
    Go and see your GP, you may need councelling. It sounds like a case of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.

Ilora x
  • Options
    Remember, you cannot see yourself. You are the only person you know who cannot see your face under normal circumstances.
    Go and see your GP, you may need councelling. It sounds like a case of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.

Please PM me with details of your accident and we will seewhat can be done. Also see your GP.
  • Options
    It sounds like a case of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
    After a car accident? You are a drama queen aren't you.
  • Options
    Kentish wrote:

well actually it has really shaken me and i have a hell of alot of stress at the moment.
  • Options
    Kentish wrote:

That's harsh. Some people that have car accidents never get in a car again. You could nearly die in a car accident and see your life flash in front of your eyes.
  • Options
    Blah_x2 wrote:
    well actually it has really shaken me and i have a hell of alot of stress at the moment.

i don't think he meant it as quite that harsh. but there is a difference between being really anxious and stressed after an event - like a car accident, and actually having PTSD.

i guess how 'bad' an event is is pretty subjective, and if you are very shaken up about it, you should go see someone. you don't have to have a diagnosis to get treatment.
  • Options
    stress can easily cause alopecia so id take a trip to your doctor. In the meantime just try and relax.
  • Options
    kaffrin wrote:
    i don't think he meant it as quite that harsh. but there is a difference between being really anxious and stressed after an event - like a car accident, and actually having PTSD.

i guess how 'bad' an event is is pretty subjective, and if you are very shaken up about it, you should go see someone. you don't have to have a diagnosis to get treatment.
    Yeah, that's what I should have said. ;)
  • Options
    what treatment would i get then for my hair falling out?

i cant de-stress myself because theres so much going wrong at the moment.
  • Options
    Actually, there may well be measures you can introduce into your life to help to de-stress, and seeing your GP for some advice might help you to see a bit more clearly. Consider having some counselling - again, talk to your GP about it to see what they think.

You may like to read some of these articles, too:

Anxiety and stress

Coping with stress

Counselling

You could also try calling a helpline so you can talk to someone anonymous about what you are going through - just talking can be an immense help.

SupportLine
    Confidential and emotional support on the telephone for children, young adults and adults.
    Web: www.supportline.org.uk
    Tel: 020 8554 9004

Saneline
    Offers practical information, crisis care and emotional support to anybody affected by mental health problems.
    Web: www.sane.org.uk
    Tel: 0845 767 8000

I hope you are feeling a bit better able to cope soon ;)