Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

I hate to sound like a pussy but...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I am seriously having some horrible dreams currently, I mean completely messed up. It's not a case of the one off dreams, they're so vivid I sometimes feel like I'm dragged in to another world... They can be graphic both audibly and visually too...

I mean zombies and stuff I can cope with, but my Dad walking in the room all skin and bone and then telling me his girlfriend is dead... and then I see a decaying little girl in the corner... Werewolves eating the skin off people's faces... Government produced drugs that act as lie detectors by forcing body reactions if you're not telling the truth...

I'm not a wuss, but I don't enjoy sleeping. No, I'm not on drugs... I don't drink a lot, I'm kinda worried it's karma or something as recently I've been genuinely feeling like some sort of force is playing against me...

Comments

• Options
    Maybe go to the doctors and try and get something to help you sleep more easily? I'm sure they must have some kind of medicine available..?
  • Options
    Been eating cheese late at night?
  • Options
    Kentish wrote:
    Been eating cheese late at night?
    Nope...
  • Options
    Nope...
    Oh. That's all I had.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Dude... thats messed up. I used ot have really fucked up dreams and stuff. It gets so you physically can't go to sleep because you fear it.

Try some of those calming pills before you sleep... I can't take them myself but they might work. Try reading a good book before bed too, it does help tire out your mind.

Whats your view on supernatural forces? If you beleive in that stuff, you might want to try getting a dreamcatcher or something, made by Native Americans, or other stuff suchlike, good things around you.

For a lighthearted view, you could write it all down and make a move out of it. You'd be rich as fuck. (Sorry, trying to lighten the atmosphere a bit).
  • Options
    I am seriously having some horrible dreams currently, I mean completely messed up. It's not a case of the one off dreams, they're so vivid I sometimes feel like I'm dragged in to another world... They can be graphic both audibly and visually too...

I mean zombies and stuff I can cope with, but my Dad walking in the room all skin and bone and then telling me his girlfriend is dead... and then I see a decaying little girl in the corner... Werewolves eating the skin off people's faces... Government produced drugs that act as lie detectors by forcing body reactions if you're not telling the truth...

I'm not a wuss, but I don't enjoy sleeping. No, I'm not on drugs... I don't drink a lot, I'm kinda worried it's karma or something as recently I've been genuinely feeling like some sort of force is playing against me...

What the fuck? Do I have to find out everything in your life from this website or at some point are you going to start talking to me? You mean a fuck of a lot to me. I miss you like shit and I'd like to be able to talk about things. I fully trust you, so why do you never talk? :(

Edited to add: I'm in a bad mood. Try to think of some constructive way to get pent up energy and feels out. Because you're a very introverted person, maybe a lot of your feelings need to get out and it's messing you up a bit.
  • Options
    Gerbil, I have some odd views yeah.... I have a dreamcatcher but I don't think they deter nightmares. I may try some chamomile tea.

Chaos... I haven't seen you for days.
  • Options
    it must be stress...visible or non-visible...you must be stressed out

remember moonrat...there are people who love you a lot, a great deal...your brother included, i was really moved by his last post there...maybe that could be of some comfort to you...
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    it must be stress...visible or non-visible...you must be stressed out
    Maybe it is... I can't find a job because nowhere will take me on as I'm leaving for uni in spetember... But I dunno. Everyone's stressed this time of year.