Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

What's goin on with my toe!!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hiya, sorry dunno if this should be in the fitness section blah blah blah.

Anyway, its been a few days now where my big toe on my left foot has been really painful, first i thought i had just bruised it , don't know how its become painful i can't think of anything i've done.

Been quite painful now and then when i walk. But it felt really weird last night, i was just moving my toe up and down and i could feel some kinda tingly feeling each time i moved my toe up.

Hard to explain it really but it feels kinda tingly and i can feel something i dunno kind rubbing against the bone of my of toe. Could there be something wrong with a muscle in my toe?

I know its not anything major i know, its just feeling really weird :eek2:

Comments

• Options
    GoodFella wrote:
    Hiya, sorry dunno if this should be in the fitness section blah blah blah.

Anyway, its been a few days now where my big toe on my left foot has been really painful, first i thought i had just bruised it , don't know how its become painful i can't think of anything i've done.

Been quite painful now and then when i walk. But it felt really weird last night, i was just moving my toe up and down and i could feel some kinda tingly feeling each time i moved my toe up.

Hard to explain it really but it feels kinda tingly and i can feel something i dunno kind rubbing against the bone of my of toe. Could there be something wrong with a muscle in my toe?

I know its not anything major i know, its just feeling really weird :eek2:

Could be gout. My girlfriend had exactly the same symptoms and that was the diagnosis she was given. Go see a doctor?
  • Options
    I thought you only got gout from eating lots of offal, are you eating a lot of that?
  • Options
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    I thought you only got gout from eating lots of offal, are you eating a lot of that?

What the hells offal?? :confused:

Its weird though, the pain comes and goes. At this very minute there is only pain when i press my toe down, so i could just have bruised it somehow.

There's more pain when i'm walking.

• Options
    Sorry, I might be misinformed on this issue.

Offal, you know, inards, kidneys, liver that sort of thing.
  • Options
    Oh right, inards :)

Nah i hardly ever eat that kinda stuff.
  • Options
    is it the base of your big toe? if it is then it could be a fallen instep (i think thats what its called anyway) i used to get it when i was dancing a lot. If thats what it is then getting a milk bottle / can of beans / something round and rolling the arch of your foot over it repeatedly a few times a day for a couple weeks is ment to help
  • Options
    Hmm no its not the base of the toe. Generally its the whole of the toe that hurts especially when i've been walking alot. The weird tingly feeling is on the top of toe and it fees like it runs about half way down the bone of that toe.

Its not too bad at the moment, cos im just sitting on my arse. Still tingly though wen i moved it upwards.

• Options
    Hmmm ok this is weird. Last night before i went to bed i noticed the area around the joint of toe was quite swollen.

I keep looking at it and that area looks kinda red but it also looks bruised but its not a bruise if that makes sense. The tingly feeling seems to be alot greater now when i flick my toe upwards but theres not pain what so ever.

Gonna see if it gets any better in the next day or so, if not i'm gonna go see the doctor about it.
  • Options
    I had summat that sounded fairly similar a few years back. Doctors told me I'd sprained it and it'd be fine in about 3 months time. Wasn't better after 10 months, so went back to the doctor, they sent me for x-rays, which showed nothing and had a few other tests done, but they couldn't find out what was wrong with it adn left me having to live with it (damn pain when you're a female who loves wearing heals and couldn't cos of the pain). Anyways after about 2-3 years it's cleared up.

Now I've just gone and got a new pain thats been around for about 2-3 months now, fels like the tendon that goes down to my middle toe. It's bloody painful to press and hurts when I'm walking especially in flat shoes where obviously it's getting more work when I walk with extra bending needed. Going to the docs about it on Monday though :)
  • Options
    damn pain when you're a female who loves wearing heals and couldn't cos of the pain). Anyways after about 2-3 years it's cleared up.

Its not just females who love wearing heels, ooooh my gosh i look great in a pair of heels :flirt: :D

2-3 bloody years!!!!!!!!!! :eek2: Hope mine things not gonna go on that long.

I think i'll go doc's on monday as well.

:)
  • Options
    GoodFella wrote:
    I think i'll go doc's on monday as well.

:yes: would probably be a good move - if it is your joint, and it's happened a few times/not getting better etc, it's worth checking out. I know you can feel a bit stupid going to the docs and saying 'my toe hurts', cos it can seem really insignificant, but it's better safe than sorry.
  • Options
    Sounds like Gout, this is the main location of a first acute attack. I think of all the cases, 93% are male.

DONT TAKE ASPIRIN! If you must take a simple analgesic and get to your docs and Gout can become a chronic condition.