Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

tampons

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hope this is in the right place.

just wondered if it was just me.

im using tampons but still getting a fair bit of blood on a pad too - even after about half an hour of inserting it. ive used all different brands and absorbancies.

i know this sounds thick and i should really know but could my vagina be too big? god im embarrassed.

Comments

• Options
    ive used all different brands and absorbancies.
    Tampons aren't suitable for everyone. Are pads that bad?
  • Options
    they can smell and i get paranoid coz i feel like i have to change them every hour to stop it. tampons dont smell which is why id rather use them.

id feel silly going to the docs about this.
  • Options
    Do you get particularly heavy periods often?

What about fragranced pads, I think Carefree Laundry Fresh or something is a brand that is fragranced
  • Options
    its not so much too heavy - its like its bypassing the tampon. thanx for helping but the fragranced ones are just for discharge not periods, but thanks!
  • Options
    id feel silly going to the docs about this.
    Don't be. They'll probably have more useful advice for you - I'm not sure what you mean about bypassing the tampon - maybe they should examine you to make sure there's nothing anatomically peculiar.
  • Options
    i find using tampons painful when taking them out. im on the pill so i just dont have the week break so i only have a few periods a year. not sure if thats bad for u or not....
  • Options
    "anatomically peculiar"

:lol:
  • Options
    u could always try this menstrual cup thing that everyone is on about

is the tampon full when its going onto the pad? if yes then its kinda going down the side of it as u said.
  • Options
    I think maybe youre not inserting the tampon right. try a non-applicator one, and push it up as high as it will go. make sure its right up against the cervix and not just sitting halfway up your vagina. The vagina has all sorts of lumps and curves in it, and if you havent inserted the tampon correctly then they can leak a little bit, even when the tampon hasnt absorbed that much. Im sure it has happened to me before.
  • Options
    its happened after only about half an hour of insertion...so i think RB is right and maybe im not doing it right, i cant use applicator ones anyway and just find it hard to get them high , so it probably is just im doing it wrong.
  • Options
    its happened after only about half an hour of insertion...so i think RB is right and maybe im not doing it right, i cant use applicator ones anyway and just find it hard to get them high , so it probably is just im doing it wrong.
    Yeah, you gotta really push it up in there (don't mean to sound crude), cos otherwise after bout half-hour you may feel them slipping out, kinda (well it happens to me if I dont insert it properly). And then the bleeding and all that follows.
  • Options
    it helps if when sitting on the loo you kinda aim backwards when you insert them and yeah as RB said get them a good way in. See if that stops the leaking
  • Options
    or you could try putting one leg up on to the side of your bath or toilet when you are inserting it. i always found this easiest. also are you using the right absorbency?
  • Options
    make sure the insert bit is all the way inside you (i.e. none of it showing) before you pull it out. not sure if that makes any sense or not.