Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Spots!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm going mad, I have never had spotty skin and all of a sundden some have appeared (I'm 23!) not changed eating habbits or anything, they are all swollen and sore, I drink well over 2 litres of water a day and get decent nights sleep at least 8hrs and have very sensitive skin - any ideas what I can do?

Comments

• Options
    You sure you should be drinking 2 litres a day? I think it's only a liter isn't it?

If you a bloke then try That Witch Hazel exfoliating face wash & L'Oreal Men Expert Skin Renovator & Adidas Skin Moisturiser, that should help, did me. I also have quite sensitive skin and it's fine... everyone is different tho.
  • Options
    Well you're from scotland so they should have this stuff in your local pharmacy, It's called "Panoxyl" i used strength 10 (It was a bit much so i tried strength 5 after that) I dont really need it anymore, But it works. :)
  • Options
    Atma wrote:
    Well you're from scotland so they should have this stuff in your local pharmacy, It's called "Panoxyl" i used strength 10 (It was a bit much so i tried strength 5 after that) I dont really need it anymore, But it works. :)
    does that wokr on sensitive skin? i'm scared you see as Ive burnt my skin before
  • Options
    yeah panoxyl is quite strong for sensitive skin - it like burnt mine away when i used strength 5 but i can cope with 2.5 though
  • Options
    You sure you should be drinking 2 litres a day? I think it's only a liter isn't it?

Nope, it's 2.

And Panoxyl on just a few spots :eek:. It's very strong, and supposed to be used for acne.

Try some tea tree and witch hazel based products.
  • Options
    you could try taking zinc suppliments too, as that'll help give you clearer skin. Also, now the summer's coming around, getting in the sun does wonders for the skin (within reason of course! ;) )
  • Options
    I use a gel with benzyl peroxide that they can do in 2.5% for milder acne/just spots
  • Options
    hiya just a quik one....should drink 8 glasses a day not quite 2 litres drinkin to much water can actuali b bad for u becoz it flushes out all the vitamins n minerals in ur body that u realli need so mayb take some vitamin tablets to boost ur system abit......
    if ur a guy my bf used to use clearsil shaving gel coz that stops the spots even wen u shave n is great for sensitive skin! goodluk:)
  • Options
    My experience has been that using harsh products immediately dries out the skin-leading to flakiness. Extreme dryness/astringency causes the skin to produce more oil therefore leading to further congestion and some nice big lumpy spots!
    Best to not touch them, and dab them with some lavender or tea-tree (diluted). If you MUST mess with them, make sure you get out the yukky centre of the zit, then it can heal properly and not fester for so long!!!
  • Options
    sandybaby wrote:
    should drink 8 glasses:)

yes but depends on the size of the glass, doesn't it. ;)