Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

bridge piercing upkeep

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
so I done it, its dead cute. Pretty painful. I got some type of metal, don't remember, but not the usual, for sensitive skin. I was too busy being in agony to really hear the care of it, I know how to care for piercings, but how shall I do it because its so close to my eyes. What you use to clean piercings I do not want in my eyeballs.

Comments

• Options
    Congrats on your new piece of metal :) I'm guessing you were pierced with Titanium rather than Steel, as it's a lighter metal and biologically inert. I'd say the easiest way to clean a bridge is with a cotton bud...

Ilora x
  • Options
    What she said :)

I've found that the Savlon spray is excellent for keeping piercings clean, so spraying some of that onto a cotton bud and around the actual piercing (whilst covering yer eyes, obviously) should be groovy.
  • Options
    thanks. whats savlon spray though?
  • Options
    savlon is an english thing. its just an antibacterial spray good for cuts and grazes. probably not a good idea for a bridge piercing.

saline solution will do the job just fine!

i can imagine it will feel rather wierd cleaning it, i think i would go cross eyed or something!
  • Options
    Sorry - didn't think to define what the Savlon was...

The smell of that stuff harks me back to when I was about 4 and kept grazing my knees. :)
  • Options
    Yeah, treatments like Savlon and Germolene (another english-y type antiseptic) aren't suitable for body piercings. Only because they harbour bacteria rather than get rid of bacteria.

Salt water is the best thing to use.

Ilora x
  • Options
    Chem:Lab wrote:
    What she said :)

I've found that the Savlon spray is excellent for keeping piercings clean, so spraying some of that onto a cotton bud and around the actual piercing (whilst covering yer eyes, obviously) should be groovy.

is a cotton bud this or this

and ilora, how would i apply the salt water solution? sorry for all the questions, i dont want some big infected thing in plain view in the middle of my face.
  • Options
    The first one
  • Options
    Just boil a mug of water, add a quarter or half a teaspoon of salt and then let it cool so it's tepid. Just dip the cotton bud (the first picture) and wipe it around the piercing. Just keep dipping the bud into the salt water and wiping around the holes so it looks clean with no crusties around the piercing.

Once or twice a day should do it :) Ilora x
  • Options
    ooh...it must feel funny when you scrunch up your nose!

Hopefully you can disguise it for work etc (i think it was you who was asking...)