Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Which Party Leader Do You Like?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Forget the party, their policies, etc

Just talking purely about the person - which leader do you like and why?

ATM I find Michael Howard interesting, ...seems to have a more softly, softly approach without the spin

Comments

• Options
    im a big fan of tony blair, dont ask why. just am.

michael howard scares me a little bit.
  • Options
    koe_182 wrote:
    im a big fan of tony blair, dont ask why. just am.

michael howard scares me a little bit.

I used to be a big Tony Blair fan when he first came into power - but he looks like he needs a good holiday or something now!! - in the US he wouldn't be allowed to run again 2 terms is the maximum
  • Options
    Charles Kennedy seems the most human - unfortunately his party's policies are crap.
  • Options
    I'm more and more disliking Howard.

Kennedy seems an affable type fellow but you cant beat Kilroy-Silk for entertainment value.
  • Options
    I like Michael Howard, at heart he's a decent guy, with no pretensions, unlike Phoney "Smiley" Blair.

Kennedy seems human and eloquent but somehow not convincing.

RKS is an extreme egotist, too big for any any party so he forms his own.
  • Options
    I quite like Howard myself.

Anyone with no charm, no warmth and the looks of a child molester/loony bin inmate who can pull a model and wind up running a large political party must have something going for him.

It's probably wacky mind control powers that only affect racists or bigots but what the hell.

Compared to T.B. he might be straight but I would be astounded to find out that either of them could get into a suit without using a corkscrew.
  • Options
    Howard actually seems like the kind grandfather type, was just having this conversation the other day.
  • Options
    Howard - like him, not scared to voice an opinion. :thumb:

Blair - A joke, cant understand why anyone would vote for him. :banghead:

Kennedy - again polite but has been shown out of his depth last week or so, didnt even know his own partys tax policies :lol::D

Like Griffin but couldnt vote BNP as I have black family members, did like Kilroy but has got on my tits recently, UKIP bloke is up his own arse.

Havnt seen enough of the others to comment.
  • Options
    Howard gives me the creeps, he comes across as oily and I don't think that I'd ever want to be alone in a room with him. Ann Widdcombe really summed it up for me, until then I couldn't describe it but "something of the night" really was a great description IMHO.

Tony Blair is all show and no substance, I said it years ago and nothing has changed for it. Makes me think of a car salesman.

Charles Kennedy gives me the impression of someone in it for the fu, rather than because he thinks he will ever achieve anything. I can quite believe that he drinks excessively and I can imagine being in a pub with him quite easily. On personality alone, that would mean I coulnd't vote for him.
  • Options
    Ann Widdcombe I reckon is a closet lesbian...

But anyway... As for political leaders, none really float my boat. If Ani D was an MP I'd vte for her :heart:
  • Options
    Tommo100 wrote:
    Like Griffin but couldnt vote BNP as I have black family members,

Someone has got to ask I suppose............. :rolleyes:

What is there to like about Nick Griffin?
  • Options
    Charles Kennedy. He's just so unsuspecting and he doesn't seem to have that killer instinct which makes him the likeable underdog. He's also well mannered and polite, without appearing to be trying too hard.

Tony Blair seems like he enjoys the power way too much but will still talk to the common people. He reminds me of my old headmistress who had been to way too many body language workshops to ever convincingly relate to people.

Agree that Howard's wife does a lot to soften his image as she seems nice and sensible, so she must see something in him.
  • Options
    Tommo100 wrote:
    Like Griffin
    Never saw that one coming.
  • Options
    straight talking and not scared of telling his views.

I did expect to be jumped on for it though and well done you pretty folk you didnt dissappoint ;)
  • Options
    Yes, terrible thing being against racists, Nazis and homophobes.

We're clearly being intolerant and unfair towards Ol' Glass Eye.
  • Options
    Tommo100 wrote:
    straight talking and not scared of telling his views.

So was Hitler.........

It is completely nonsensical to praise people for their forthrightness when what they are being forthright about is complete bollocks.

Yes Blair may be deceptive etc but that isn't an excuse for voting for a Fascist like Griffin just because he is honest. The fact of his honesty just shows what scum he is.

Also he repeatedly claims to not be racist yet you will not vote BNP because you fear causeing offence, presumably becasue your action could be interpreted as racist. Maybe you are not so sure of his honesty?
  • Options
    Toadborg wrote:
    So was Hitler.........
    .... and Marx, Lenin, Stalin ......
    It is completely nonsensical to praise people for their forthrightness when what they are being forthright about is complete bollocks.
    In your opinion.
    Yes Blair may be deceptive etc but that isn't an excuse for voting for a Fascist like Griffin just because he is honest. The fact of his honesty just shows what scum he is.
    How?
    Also he repeatedly claims to not be racist yet you will not vote BNP because you fear causeing offence, presumably becasue your action could be interpreted as racist. Maybe you are not so sure of his honesty?
    In your opinion.
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:
    In your opinion.

No, not opinion, facts show him to have been spouting bollocks.