Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

find me this dress please!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
im looking for a dress that so far only exists in my imagination so im hoping that you can help me find something similar to it. i want a halterneck dress in very pale pink that is fitted under the best,i think its called empire line??though not really sure.i seem to remember seeing dannii minogue in something vaguely like this in a magazine a while ago but so far cannot find a pic...sorry i know im being pretty vague but does anyone know of a dress similar to this?

Comments

• Options
    Jane norman had a few in like that I seem to remember.
  • Options
    Is this the dress you mean?? if so then there was a similar one on www.asos.com a little while ago.
  • Options
    thanks so much for looking lea,its not actually the one i was looking for, its a much paler pink.the overall cut of that dress is similar,although i was wanting floor length.i might look on that website to try and find it.ta
  • Options
    oh ive just found a pic..umm ok it wasnt exactly like i described it,what can i say bad memory, but this is the one i meant here
  • Options
    That link doesn't work for me :no:
  • Options
    thats a very pretty nightie.
  • Options
    I'm not too sure about it it's a bit loose could do with being fitted.
  • Options
    you mean something like this?

you cant really see it in that photo, but its in this weeks edition of bella magazine (yes i know im sad)

*edited* ok so i didnt read all the way down the thread, and it doesnt look anything like that :grump:
  • Options
    Lea UK, that quote isnt originally Peter Kay. Its actually Emo Phillips http://krunk1.xmission.com/~trevin/Emo.html
    I remember hearing it on saturday night live about 15 years ago.
  • Options
    Mel-H wrote:

My goodness, how short!

I wouldn be scared to bend over, or even probably move :p
  • Options
    Lea UK, that quote isnt originally Peter Kay. Its actually Emo Phillips http://krunk1.xmission.com/~trevin/Emo.html
    I remember hearing it on saturday night live about 15 years ago.

Thanks I'll change it.
  • Options
    I must admit to never having seen a dress in that colour and style. You can find plenty of black dresses similar in the shops but i can't remember having seen a pink one. To be honest i think the cut lets the dress down as it just doesn't seem to have any shape and only a certain bodyshape could wear it and look good i would imagine e.g even danni minogue looks a little drowned in it.
  • Options
    that has to be one of the most un-flattering shaped dresses i have ever seen!

even she looks dull and un-shapely in it!

:eek2: look!
  • Options
    beans wrote:
    My goodness, how short!

I wouldn be scared to bend over, or even probably move :p

just as well that i would never wear it then as i have not been seen in a dress/skirt/anything that wasnt trousers in england (other than my sisters wedding) for many years :p
  • Options
    yeah fair comments about it not being too flattering in terms of not being fitted.i just dont want anything too clingy around the middle- i havent got a pot belly or anything just want to be able to eat a big meal comfortably!so any more flattering suggestions from anyone?i dont want to go in anything black,i like the idea of a paler colour because its for ths summer