Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Marks on face

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ive got scars on my face from when i was younger and had acne and i was wondering if anyone knew of any miracle cures for them!

Ive been using vitamine e on my face which is apparently good but i was wondering if anyone knew of any treatments or anything that could help with their speedy departure..Im sick of relying on my foundation so much!!

Comments

• Options
    You can have laser treatments, but don't believe the miracle cures.
  • Options
    yeh, i need to find out about laser treatment and see how much it costs. I know there are no miracle cures but i thought there might be another vitamin e kinda tip. I have a feeling laser treatment would be quite expensive though, and its mainly just paranoia about my face. Thanks anyway though :)
  • Options
    I'm not sure what the evidence for vitamin E is. Make sure you're not wasting your money.

You're bound to notice your own scars, but are they really bad? Have you seen a plastic surgeon or your GP for advice?
  • Options
    Firstly I would recommend you develop a facial care routine if you don't already have one, to look after your skin, cleanse, tone and moisture every morning and night, once a week use an exfoliator to remove dead skin this will make your skin look and feel much better. If you can afford it go for a facial once a month.

Secondly I agree you always think you look worse than you actually do and using a light foundation will make you feel better.

If you fancy going down the lasor route this treatment looks OK, you can aks about prices and make sure you check out credentials before going ahead.
    http://www.theprivateclinic.co.uk/acnecentre/

Good luck
  • Options
    The problem with most vitamin e creams is the fact that as soon as the creams come in contact with the air, the vitamin e is lost. There is a really expensive cream I was told about that prevents this happening and so pure vitamin e can get into your skin and is good for people with scarring. I will try and find out the name of it for you.

Also, check out www.isolagen.com - an expensive alternative, but may guarantee results more so than the others. :thumb:
  • Options
    for an immediate cure, thats a little bit expensive (dont know the prices in the uk) collagen...i know it sounds weird but i know tons and tons of people who have done it.
  • Options
    Surgery wise if thats what your after, I think chemical facial peels get rid of scarring and the like, but you have to be really careful who you go to for one of you go, what with all the acid they put on your skin to take the top skin layers away and all.
  • Options
    Bio Oil seems to be one of the latest hot products at Boots. May be worth a try.
  • Options
    Hiya
    We've got some useful resources her on TheSite, too:

Scars and treatments

How can I treat my acne scars?
  • Options
    This will sound really odd but...

My skin is quite unsmooth with lots of tiny lumps from having acne as a kid and I find the best thing is to whisk up an egg and apply to your face with cotton wool. Wait until it dries (your skin will feel tight like wearing a face mask) and then wash off with warm water and scrub with a flannel until its all off!

The reason being is eggs contain a natural skin softner and it helps smooth out your skin. It's not a long term cure but it makes your skin so much better after and I find it reduces how bad acne scars look. Use it if you're going to a party or something :flirt:
  • Options
    Egg....how random! Sounds weird... Isolagen is costly, but it's natural compared to other procedures like acid peeling and botox etc... And it lasts...not sure how long collagen lsts for. So although it's expensive, it seems like a one-off thing.
  • Options
    Oh, forgot to say, did anyone see it on cosmetic surgery live? I thought they were gona show it on there, they had to cos it's such a new, but technologically fab procedure.