Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

MigrationWatch Figures Wrong!

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Rich Kid wrote:
    Labour lies my friend.
    Looks like you're talking more total bollocks to me.
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    Well he is promising border control, which we all know is impossible.
    No, he's promising what I quoted, 24hr staffing at 35 ports & airports, sounds quite reasonable to me.
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:
    No, he's promising what I quoted, 24hr staffing at 35 ports & airports, sounds quite reasonable to me.

I think you might want to read their website a bit more;

"Promising an action programme to limit and control immigration and secure Britain's borders, he declared: "We are announcing a new British Border Control Police. We will have one face at the border. One police force. With one chief constable. With just one job: securing Britain's borders."

Says one part;

"A new police force specially designated to control and secure Britain's borders"

Says another part.

http://www.conservatives.com/tile.do?def=news.story.page&obj_id=121023

So they are promising to 'secure' the borders, which any sane person will tell you is impossible.
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    .So they are promising to 'secure' the borders, which any sane person will tell you is impossible.
    No-one in their right mind believes ther'll be a ring of "border police" all holding hands around the coast of Britain - come on now bonga, you're implying the impossible.

What is being suggested, and quite reasonably so, is to have 24hr staffing at the 35 main ports and airports.

I think most people would be amazed to learn that Dover one of our main ports doesn't have 24hr staffing, which leaves a gaping big hole in our border controls.

Sensible suggestions to deal with a key issue. What else do you expect from a moderate temperate man like Michael Howard.
  • Options
    Sorry, maybe I'm missing something here, you read the qoutes I gave you? The ones right there which mention 'secure' borders?

I think you will find you're the one telling lies here, they are promising 'secure' borders. They do it several times on their website.
  • Options
    Bongsa theres nothing contrary in what I'm saying and what the Tory web-site is saying, please keep up.
    24hr staffing of our major ports & airports plus intelligence, is "securing our borders" - theres no contradiction my friend.
  • Options
    Lets review this conversation shall we.

I said;

- Well he is promising border control, which we all know is impossible

You said;

- No, he's promising what I quoted, 24hr staffing at 35 ports & airports, sounds quite reasonable to me.

Except he is promising border control, it clearly states that several times on the website.
  • Options
    So Rich Kid, do you think a Conservative government could 'secure' our borders?