Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

september 11th..

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i have read many theories about who was responsible for this crime.
who do you think was responsible?.....us government?......binladen?

Comments

• Options
    Al Quaeda, duhhhh
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    I blame John Prescott.
  • Options
    greyj.jpg
  • Options
    Al Quaeda, duhhhh

Al who? I heard Bush planned the whole attack, so he could steal their pensions :D
  • Options
    I heard it was a pig flying a spaceship that had been genetically altered by aliens :thumb:
  • Options
    your all wrong!....it was rich kid!
  • Options
    greyj.jpg

Blagsta finally shows his face!
  • Options
    I know one thing, it wasn't me.

Can't speak for anyone else.

Where were you at the time Deano? ;)
  • Options
    I know one thing, it wasn't me.

Can't speak for anyone else.

Where were you at the time Deano? ;)
    watergate bay,pissed n stoned! ;)
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    DEANO MAC wrote:
    watergate bay,pissed n stoned! ;)

I remember finishing work early and watching the whole thing unfold at the pub with pint in hand.
    Good entertainment in a sick kind of way.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    the only thing i can remember about 9/11 is that it was on tv for 3 weeks continously after it...sorta got annoying after a while (despite the horrific nature of the attack) who do i blame...humanity of course...couldn't be arsed explaining myself to you non-drug using "we're so normal we know what it's all about brigade" type of wankers....
  • Options
    it was quite scary how it was one event, yet sky news did a good enough job to not feel as though they were repeating the same content every 20/30 mins or so like they normally do
  • Options
    MrG wrote:
    it was quite scary how it was one event, yet sky news did a good enough job to not feel as though they were repeating the same content every 20/30 mins or so like they normally do

are you serious...sky news did nothing but show continous footage of the planes hitting the buildings
  • Options
    im on about the dialogue
  • Options
    Here's a bit of bad taste humour I recieved this morning by email:

http://sa.briantist.com/tribute.wmv

Very bad taste, but slightly amusing... you have been warned
  • Options
    benny hill would be proud.
  • Options
    DEANO MAC wrote:
    i have read many theories about who was responsible for this crime.
    who do you think was responsible?.....us government?......binladen?

The FBI were quickly on the ball."It was them that done it"

Amazingly,some of "the guilty ones" weren`t on the victims list

Miraculously,even those two immense structures couldn`t stand the heat,some of the "guilty ones" got out alive

seeker
  • Options
    DEANO MAC wrote:
    your all wrong!....it was rich kid!
    I lost a cousin in one of the towers so I don't take kindly to so-called "funny comments".
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:
    I lost a cousin in one of the towers so I don't take kindly to so-called "funny comments".
    sorry mate,was just a joke. :)
  • Options
    DEANO MAC wrote:
    sorry mate,was just a joke. :)
    Accepted. Thanks. It was really dreadful for the family, he was 23, only working over there on secondment. No body was ever found.
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    course...couldn't be arsed explaining myself to you non-drug using "we're so normal we know what it's all about brigade" type of wankers....

Seriously. You claim to be such an open minded guy for using drugs, but you just seem like a prat to me, with some bizarre vendetta against people who dont use drugs.

Drugs are bad for you, they dont make you clever or insightful, idiot.
  • Options
    Seriously. You claim to be such an open minded guy for using drugs, but you just seem like a prat to me, with some bizarre vendetta against people who dont use drugs.

That's the thing. Often the ones who claim to be most openminded are the ones who are least so. They're only openminded to a certain group of people, and therefore the exact same as the conservatives and reactionaries who they are so eager to run away from - just that in these cases they are openminded towards another group of people.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Well, it was apparently planned by Chinese Military planners in a book they published, they were chuffed when it happened. They said Ossamy must have read the book.

Oh, and the FBI are partly responsible for ignoring the many warnings they got.

Who was responsible mostly? The Hijackers, duh! Al Queida (SP?) didn't exist until the US invented it. It was so overplayed by the Media though. There's millions being slaughtered elsewhere in wars, but a few thousand die in the US, and its all we hear about for months. Then they think that invading a county or 10 will help them find guerillas who move about all the time and have no assigned country of residence becaue they don't have a home.

And where were these undergound cities the CIA said that the terrorists lived in, exactally?
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    Al Queida (SP?) didn't exist until the US invented it.

Not entirely true. It's probably fair to say that the group of loosely affiliated terrorist organisations was not named Al-Qaeda by those who belong to it. They go by the names of their own groups (Ansar Al-Islam, Al-Aqsar Martyr's Brigade etc) but they do have common ideals and they have been known to pool resources and work together.
  • Options
    Not entirely true. It's probably fair to say that the group of loosely affiliated terrorist organisations was not named Al-Qaeda by those who belong to it. They go by the names of their own groups (Ansar Al-Islam, Al-Aqsar Martyr's Brigade etc) but they do have common ideals and they have been known to pool resources and work together.

What evidence do you have that the Al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigade is linked at Al-Qaida?
  • Options
    What evidence do you have that the Al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigade is linked at Al-Qaida?

That's the point. They're linked to other groups which fall under the umbrella which worldwide intelligence services have taken to calling Al Qaida.
  • Options
    Dear Wendy wrote:
    That's the thing. Often the ones who claim to be most openminded are the ones who are least so. They're only openminded to a certain group of people, and therefore the exact same as the conservatives and reactionaries who they are so eager to run away from - just that in these cases they are openminded towards another group of people.
    :yes: True to a few people I know...

I don't know how to feel about the 911 incident, in that how come the passports of the 'terrorists' didn't burn? And how did they know the passports belonged to the ones who apparently hijacked an aeroplane if nobody was left surviving to confirm it was them?
  • Options
    I don't know how to feel about the 911 incident, in that how come the passports of the 'terrorists' didn't burn? And how did they know the passports belonged to the ones who apparently hijacked an aeroplane if nobody was left surviving to confirm it was them?

Guess the "American government" were just lucky. They are exceptionally good at finding "lone gunmen" and the like when they have to.

The "UK govt" doesn't tend to be as good at it. The only time I can remember them being so lucky is when they found the body of Dr. David Kelly. As I remember it went from "he's missing" to "found him" in an hour or two.
  • Options
    I don't know how to feel about the 911 incident, in that how come the passports of the 'terrorists' didn't burn?

Mohamed Atta's passport was found in his luggage which never left Portland airport. There was also alledgedly a suicide note.
  • Options
    Mohamed Atta's passport was found in his luggage which never left Portland airport. There was also alledgedly a suicide note.

Shame he's still alive in Bombay. (Read Seeker's links)