Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

brown/black period after changing pill

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Can anyone give me some advice?

I changed my pill type two months ago as the one I was on wasn't really supposed to be used for protection, I orginally took it to clear up my skin. I had a period after the first lot of pills, which was lighter and was only a few days long but was a normal red colour.

I finished my second pack last week and this Monday as normal I came on but instead of the blood being red it was brown/black and thick but not alot of it (lasted four days). Is this normal because ive recently changed my pill or should i be worried?

I'm currently in America and will be for the next six weeks (I'm british) so I can't see my GP.

Please reply soon, I'm worried.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I always have this type of old/dark blood at some point or all the way through a period. I don't think it's anything to worry about. I supose it could be to do with changing pills but I'm not really sure.
    Anyway, your next period might be back to your norm. You could always go to see your GP when you get back but I don't think it's anything you should be worrying about, might help to get some peace of mind from a proffessional though if it happens again. :)