Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Missed a pill...........

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi everyone, i'm just interested if anyone else has had a similar experience to mine...... Basically i'm on Ovranette the combined pill and i take it every morning. Anyway my last pack i took on time as normal day 1 and 2, day 3 i missed and i had sex the previous evening. I carried on taking the pills as normal and left the missed one in the packet. I knew about using precautions for 7 days after but was concerned about the previous evenings sex, so i rang NHS direct and a pharmacist as it was Easter Sunday, both said that if i have only missed one no emergency pill was needed. Phew :chin:
Then Tuesday morning came and i thought i would double check with my nurse at the doctors, who was alarmed that no one had advised me to take the emergency pill...no i was panicking :shocking: :crying: Went straight to the chemist who rang the makers of the pill who again said i did not need the emer pill...... and so did the chemist......But because my nurse kept saying i needed it i bought it from a reluctant pharmacist. Later that day still confused i called the FPA in my area who said as long as i took the previous pack correctly and had the 7 day break, missing one pill out of the first week of the next pack i would be fine and no emer pill was really necessary. Since then i have scoured the internet and no one anywhere has confirmed what my nurse said was true everyone else is going for the 'missed 1 pill and took the previous pack right etc you will be okay' What a month and i'm due on anytime soon. Fingers crossed....Looking for any support here please, still paranoid now :crying:

Comments

• Options
    If your late for your period, don't panic! When i have mishaps i get very stressed which causes my periods to be late. What the nurse said really doesn't ring true! Particularly if everyone else is saying another thing all together!
  • Options
    Hi thanks for replying i'm not due on for another 2 days so i'm trying to keep calm. I am feeling confident after reading and listening to other advice. I have had so many people telling me i will be fine its just one pill and i took all the others in this present pack and the previous ones correctly. :blush:
  • Options
    Well if the pill makers and just about everyone else say it's ok i would go with that, as it seems it's only the nurse telling you otherwise.