Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

bleeding/miscarriage ??

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My friend found out she was pregnant a few weeks ago. Shes only about 9 weeks but has decided she wants an abortion.
But today she said she has started bleeding but its like "lumpy" sorry 4 detail. NOt like normal lumps, big ones. She phoned her doc and he sed it sounds like a miscarriage! She gotta do another test when the bleeding stops, if in 3 days, if not go 2 docs again.
But if she doesnt test positive does she still gota have the op to make sure? or does she just forget it??
I was guessing she would have to have a check up, but wondered if any one had been in situation!
Thanks guys!

Comments

• Options
    Yes she should go to the hospital for her scan either way.
  • Options
    I'm not sure how reliable a pregnancy test would be after 3 days after a miscarriage. We normally tell our ladies who have had surgical and medical terminations not to test until after 2 weeks because the pregnancy hormones would still be in their bodies.

Regardless of the pregnancy test, she needs to go for a check up and scan to ensure that all the pregnancy tissue has been expelled from the uterus. If not, it can cause an infection and she may need a D&C to ensure that all the tissue is removed.
  • Options
    Oh right, well her appointment isnt until the 27th, and they didnt offer her a quicker appointment!
    the doc also said that her hormones would be back to normal after 3 days! lol obv she needs a betta doc!
    Well cheers il pass her on info.
    Am just tryin to be there for her. I know she didnt want it, but i guess the choice has been taken away from her now :(
  • Options
    The hormones are still present after a miscarriage so the test will still come up positive. If when she goes to the doctors, she has had a miscarriage, it may be possible she'l need a d&e which clears out your system. 27th is quite a while off, maybe she needs to ring again for an earlier apt.
  • Options
    either way that sounds aweful i hope she's ok.
    Im no doctor but it sounds like "go_away" is right i would imagine the hormones would stay around for a little while and would suggest she went to the docs anyways to have her checked out. Miscarriages can have some side effects.
  • Options
    She'll need to be checked over to make sure no traces of the foetus is left other wise it can poison her.