Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

New natural (ish!) treatment to replace botox and collagen...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Anyone else heard about this new treatment called Isolagen? It's to replace things like botox and collagen - they take cells from your body, cultivate them in a lab for a few weeks, then inject them back into you to get rid of lines and scars etc... ok, so it sounds a bit weird, but it must be better than putting that other stuff in your face! And i'd have thought that there wouldn't be any adverse reactions to it as it's your own cells...sounds like a good idea to me! Probably rather expensive tho so i'd better start saving now - I have a few chickon pox scars i'd love to get rid of! :D

Comments

• Options
    hmm i dont know aything about it, but with anything like that id be wary

has anyone here had botox or anything along those lines?
  • Options
    Just be happy being you?
  • Options
    Mel-H wrote:
    has anyone here had botox or anything along those lines?
    Nice pun. :thumb:
  • Options
    didnt see it at the time

but thankyou :p
  • Options
    hehe! yeah, good pun! I don't think i'd have the guts to have botox, but cos this is more natural it sounds better... but not sure how i'd feel bout having 2 operations - 1 having cells removed, then having them put back in (ok, not so much operations, but u know what I mean...!)
  • Options
    Just been on the site for Isolagen and it looks really good. Especially the fact that it's long lasting so you might never need to go for another treatment, unlike botox which wears off after a while.

Isolagen

:)