Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Robert Kilroy-Silk Launches Party Manifesto

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/vote_2005/frontpage/4444167.stm

After watching the hour-long speech, I concluded 'Kilroy' was talking sense, was neither racist or discriminatory and clearly passionate about his policies yet realistic about his chances at the election. I was impressed by his frankness on controversial issues and rare (among politicians) ability to plunge straight to the point.

Really though, who would be stupid enough to actually vote for them?

Comments

• Options
    The man has lost his marbles.

Out of curiosity, did he actually pledged to 'crush immigrants like ants'? Couldn't find the quote on the article...
  • Options
    If he made a pledge to crush ants he might get a few votes. Pesky little blighters...
  • Options
    I disagree with essentially all his views but I appreciate his frankness. He doesn't sugar coat it!
  • Options
    Kilroy and I guess to a certain extent, the Tories, seem to be labouring under the illusion there is some great British culture in danger of being wiped out. Surely British culture is just representative of the people that live here? I find his and the Tories policies on immigration wholly worrying.

I also think the point scheme that seems to becoming part of every parties manifesto morally repugnant. You can actually rate a person’s usefulness on a scale.
  • Options
    The man is a nasty rascist bastard. He should be locked away in some mental asylum.
  • Options
    Kilroy and I guess to a certain extent, the Tories, seem to be labouring under the illusion there is some great British culture in danger of being wiped out. Surely British culture is just representative of the people that live here? I find his and the Tories policies on immigration wholly worrying.

I also think the point scheme that seems to becoming part of every parties manifesto morally repugnant. You can actually rate a person’s usefulness on a scale.

I don't see anything to be proud of in Britain, I'd much rather be European. I don't know if they've been recently but it's nice there!

My British birth is just luck, I see no difference between myself and someone born anywhere else on the Earth. Though, at the same time, I don't have any objection to being challenged for eligibility of entry should I decide to apply for emigration rights to Canada.
  • Options
    ginner wrote:
    I don't see anything to be proud of in Britain, I'd much rather be European. I don't know if they've been recently but it's nice there!

My British birth is just luck, I see no difference between myself and someone born anywhere else on the Earth. Though, at the same time, I don't have any objection to being challenged for eligibility of entry should I decide to apply for emigration rights to Canada.

I pretty much agree completely. I think stating the purpose of emigration should generally be enough to work out whether you want to let a person into the country.
  • Options
    I pretty much agree completely. I think stating the purpose of emigration should generally be enough to work out whether you want to let a person into the country.

I've not completely formed my opinion on the issue. I'd welcome anyone willing to contribute to the country's success.

I don't know if your familiar with the Canadian system. They want you to meet a certain number of standards (achieve a points total) to be considered as a Skilled Worker. I just about scrape through once I've graduated and worked full time for a year, though there are other worker options.

Is it fair to expect economic migrants to contribute to the economy? I'd say yes, and I think that's what most parties are proposing?
  • Options
    Renzo wrote:
    The man is a nasty rascist bastard. He should be locked away in some mental asylum.

Why should peoople in mental hospitals have to put up with him?
  • Options
    ginner wrote:
    I've not completely formed my opinion on the issue. I'd welcome anyone willing to contribute to the country's success.

I don't know if your familiar with the Canadian system. They want you to meet a certain number of standards (achieve a points total) to be considered as a Skilled Worker. I just about scrape through once I've graduated and worked full time for a year, though there are other worker options.

Is it fair to expect economic migrants to contribute to the economy? I'd say yes, and I think that's what most parties are proposing?

I see what you're saying but surely it's just as vital that someone is there to collect your rubbish as it is to operate on you?
  • Options
    ginner wrote:

what if immigrants havent had the option of training? not everyone lives in such a priviledged society as us.

and anyhow, we need people to do the shit jobs - cleaners, caretakers, dustbinmen etc may not have desirable jobs or need any qualifications to do them, but they are vital to society. immigrants don't need skills - just a willingness to work
  • Options
    I see what you're saying but surely it's just as vital that someone is there to collect your rubbish as it is to operate on you?

lol just what i was trying to say.
  • Options
    Renzo wrote:
    I don't like him, nor would I ever vote for him, but unlike some of you extremists on here, I don't immediately press the "hatred" button and resort to calling him names - quite frankly its childish and dsiplays a certain ignorance!
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:
    I don't like him, nor would I ever vote for him, but unlike some of you extremists on here, I don't immediately press the "hatred" button and resort to calling him names - quite frankly its childish and dsiplays a certain ignorance!

are you denying that he is racist?
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:
    I'd say branding an entire race "murderers, terrorists and wife beaters" is profoundly racist. Don't you agree?
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:

Just when i thought i'd managed to find a thread where i could have a reasonable discussion, you come along again. Please for the sake of reasoned debate leave this thread alone.
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    I'd say branding an entire race "murderers, terrorists and wife beaters" is profoundly racist. Don't you agree?
    When did he say that?
    Looked it up to remind myself of what he said. Yea, totally beyond the pale!!! But who takes him seriously?
  • Options
    longdog wrote:
    Why should peoople in mental hospitals have to put up with him?

I'm sorry that was mean with me.

He should be locked in a small box in the middle of a desert.
  • Options
    A waste of the word 'Veritas' if you ask me. It may as well be called the UKIPIP party and save Veritas for a party worthy of the word.
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:
    When did he say that?
    When he wrote that article for the Express last year. You must remember the storm that followed...

Here is more info: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/3376633.stm
  • Options
    Renzo wrote:
    I'm sorry that was mean with me.

He should be locked in a small box in the middle of a desert.

He should be locked in a room, bound and gagged (so he can't incessantly interrupt), then have someone from a civil war torn country explain to him the atrocities they've experienced and seen.

Then he should be shipped off to the desert to think about what an absolute cunt he is.
  • Options
    He should be locked in a room, bound and gagged (so he can't incessantly interrupt), then have someone from a civil war torn country explain to him the atrocities they've experienced and seen.

Then he should be shipped off to the desert to think about what an absolute cunt he is.
    As I said on page 1 where we differ is that I'm not full of hatred and bile like some of you. I feel sorry for your inability to cope with someone you don't like without resorting to childish ignorant name-calling!
  • Options
    what if immigrants havent had the option of training? not everyone lives in such a priviledged society as us.

and anyhow, we need people to do the shit jobs - cleaners, caretakers, dustbinmen etc may not have desirable jobs or need any qualifications to do them, but they are vital to society. immigrants don't need skills - just a willingness to work

I'm not sure about that, I'm speaking only of economic migrants. We have plenty of low prospect individuals born here we have a duty already to find employment for. I think I'd probably welcome anyone, just not as readily. I think we should, like the Canadians demand a good standard of our principle language for all economic migrants. Perhaps it would be better to liberally offer the student visas and see how the people train up?

The Canadians consider language skills, training, family ties and already agreed job contracts before giving a yes or no. I don't object to being asked to meet Canadian controls if I want to get out of here. I treat others how I would expect to be treated.

Have a browse:
    http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/index.html
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:
    childish ignorant name-calling!
    I think your views on immigration are well known, are they not?
  • Options
    Kentish wrote:
    I think your views on immigration are well known, are they not?
    And pray what are they (in your view)?
  • Options
    :lol::lol:
    Canadians demand a good standard of our principle language for all economic migrants

I think they do that as much to piss off the faux frenchies in Quebec as much as anything. ;)
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:
    And pray what are they (in your view)?
    Do you not share Mr Kilroy-Silk's views on immigrants and argue for stricter controls on these 'bogus asylum seekers'? Correct me if I'm wrong.
  • Options
    klintock wrote:
    :lol::lol:

I think they do that as much to piss off the faux frenchies in Quebec as much as anything. ;)

I meant one of their. Well noticed.
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:
    As I said on page 1 where we differ is that I'm not full of hatred and bile like some of you.

Some of your comments on drug users and immigrants suggest otherwise.
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:
    I feel sorry for your inability to cope with someone you don't like without resorting to childish ignorant name-calling!
    Rich Kid wrote:
    Drug users are in my view the scum of the earth

http://vbulletin.thesite.org.uk/showthread.php?t=81066

Hmmmm...