Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

whiplash

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i was in a car crash last nite and the seatbelts left some nasty marks on my neck hip and chest my mum keeps sayin go to the doctors or hospital but i think its just brusing do i need to go ?

Comments

• Options
    How much does it hurt?
  • Options
    it just aches it feels like i got beaten up my back, chest ribs and neck aches
  • Options
    Go to the doctors. It could develope over the next few days.
  • Options
    You can't get compensation for the injuries if you haven't had them seen to. If that was a consideration...
  • Options
    id go now. if it hurts now, then chances are in a few days or a week it'll kill you.
    My b.f got it in his back, neck and shoulders, and 1 year later it still hurts his back. He's currently in the process of getting compensation. Would you want to claim? what happened (sorry to be nosey)?
    SBG
  • Options
    Don't be daft. if it hurts now, chances are that it'll go away in a few days.

If it's really that bad go to the doctors, but if you walked away from the accident it's likly to be bruising.
  • Options
    yea thats what i thought it must just be my mum worryin thanks peeps
  • Options
    id go now. if it hurts now, then chances are in a few days or a week it'll kill you.
    To be brutally honest, if it happened last night and she's been moving around fine today then whatever could potentially kill her would have done so by now.

Of course she's going to be bruised and achey. She's been in a car accident!
  • Options
    You may be in pain, but this does not sound like whiplash

You shouldnt have much to worry about.

Normally wiplash is when the car causes you move your head quckly back and forward causing damage to the cervical vertebrae, the seat belt rubbing against you is not whiplash
  • Options
    if they're just red marks where the seatbelt was, it;s almost certainly bruising. Welts, at the very worst. however, if you start finding that it hurts to do things, it could mean that the belt marks are showing up areas of internal damage-though, of course, it depends how hard the belt pulled on you. if your ribs start hurting, go see a doctor cos the belt probably fractured one. however, until that happens, i think you'll survive.