Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

I have black and pink hair but i want to dye it brown and pink. Any suggestions?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have natural blonde hair and about 4 months ago i dyed my hair black
with semi-perminant stargazers red underneath and a few red streaks,
the red dye has now turned a pinky colour and my hair length is just
past my armpits lol. I want my hair cut to just past my shoulders and
a fringe across my left eye, i then want it coloured a darkish brown
and Luminous pink like the fringe brown and then a chunk of the hair
pink then brown then pink all the way around, but i really dont know
how to go over the black and pink, people say stripping damages it
and the same with bleach and to get the bright pink i would need to dye
onto light hair but the pink and brown need to be equally done so
they would have to be done in the salon to look good, but i just have no
idea what to do, i want it all done in one but i dont want damaged hair.....Please help.

Comments

• Options
    your not gonna be able to have this without losing the condition of your hair.

its up to you what is more important, the condition or the way you want it.
  • Options
    Youd have to do it seperately...
    What would be so wrong about wearing a hat for a a few days?
    Stripping/bleaching/dying is all heavy duty on your hair and in the end, a few days of dodgy colour is better than your hair coming out in chunks after being dried out to hell...

Seperately for sure.

Peace
  • Options
    You can't dye over black hair. I've been to numerous hair salons and got the same answer every time. They say 'come back when it's grown out'.

Ilora x
  • Options
    I've bleached my hair a good few times and I'm not bald yet.
    Yeah, it dries out your hair & it's not particularily good for it, but liberal amounts of aussie 3 minute miracle and it'll be fine. PLus, if you have short hair it won't make so much difference as you'll have got all the damaged bits lopped off eventually. As long as it's not a regular thing, i wouldn't worry about turning into a scarecrow just yet.

Alternately, you would always wait until you're about 25 and it has all grown out.
  • Options
    You can't dye over black hair. I've been to numerous hair salons and got the same answer every time. They say 'come back when it's grown out'.

Ilora x

You may not be able to dye over black hair but you can get it stripped or bleached, it is not impossible to be done because my friend had black hair and stripped it to go brown. Also i wanted to know what effect stripping or bleaching does but i want a professional look so i wouldnt bleach it myself. Also growing your hair out would take ages i refuse to believe thats the only option.
  • Options
    Im having my hair done tomorrow and i'll just have to wait and see whatthey suggest, i'll tell you what i had done. If they cant do it then i guess i'll have to bleach my hair but i wanted a professional look because its going to be hard to get the colours all equal and that :impissed: But what i think i might do if they say they cant do my hair is bleach my hair and if its still dark pre lighten it and then go to the hairdressers and get t dyed, i dont want to do that but that would be my only option unless you guys can come up with something elseeeee???????? AND PLEASE DONT JUST SAY YOU CANT DYE OVER BLACK I KNOW THAT BUT GROWING YOUR HAIR OUT ISNT THE ONLY OPTION. :birthday:
  • Options
    to be honest i don't trust hairdressers when it comes to extreme colours. they tend to say stuff like 'you can't dye over black' and 'if you bleach that hair again it'll snap off at the roots'. i ignored them, on both counts, and not only do i still have hair, the hairdressers now say it's in really good condition. i had bright pink hair for the best part of 2 years, and i never let a hairdresser within 6 feet of it.

if you're scared to do it yourself and mess up the back bits, try enlisting a friend to help? that way they can make sure it's all even and stuff..