Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

smart clothers for a meal

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My fella's family is having a massive meal for his dads birthday next month. I dont know what to wear :banghead: I want something to make me look nice, but not tarty cos his granparents are gonna be there!! I want to make a good impression cos Ive never seen most of them. I thought about jeans, with high heals, and a nice casual top like this http://www.dorothyperkins.co.uk/promostores/dp/index.html?make_live=yes&promo=

I like the scoop neck t shirt, but is that too casual you think?? I also like the black 2 in 1 wrap, but I aint too sure :chin: I've seen some nice stuff in monsoon, but its abit too much money :impissed:

When I was my fella he's as useful as a chocolate fireguard!! So any help with be greatfull!!

Comments

• Options
    If you want to look a bit smarter you could always opt for a pair of black trousers..might sound boring but it'll work with almost anything. Jeans are ok, however a bit too casual? The top in the pic is *a bit* low cut, and if his grandparents are gonna be there you might want to cover the clevage? But idk. That probably didn't help at all, but I tried.
  • Options
    is it a posh meal?
  • Options
    It is quite posh. I have thought about black trouses, but I wear them all week and I want to wear something different. My friend suggested a shirt to go with my jeans, but I'm not too keen :yuck: :chin:
  • Options
    Hi your link didnt show tops just home page of dp, however I've looked at some nice things and think that this might be a good idea for you to wear, a black halter neck top - its not tarty it looks casual and still nice and you can wear a shrug type thing over it if you get cold :hyper:
    You could wear some boot cut black trousers and a pair of heels if its posh or jeans and heels if its not too posh i think that would look quite nice.. but you might not like that so you might want to wear a blazer type jacket.. (a pic of my pink one) and some black trousers and heels..
    Hope this helps ;)
  • Options
    I like the idea of a balck halter neck top with some jeans, Ive got one and I've never thought of wearing it!! Cheers :thumb:
  • Options
    you could always wear a skirt, you can get really nice past the knee ones and you could smarten that up?