Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

how pointless

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/4440541.stm

anything in wrong hands is a bad idea, lets officially destroy all the guns and nukes in the world

Comments

• Options
    anything in wrong hands is a bad idea, lets officially destroy all the guns and nukes in the world

Good idea. You first...
  • Options
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/4440541.stm

Good idea...huge job....and still i don't think we'd have world peace...
  • Options
    The strain of flu is still present in bird and pig species relatively dormant, it has potential to mutate. For research purposes it's beneficial to retain. It's just the risks are also great.

Smallpox however.
  • Options
    ginner wrote:
    The strain of flu is still present in bird and pig species relatively dormant, it has potential to mutate. For research purposes it's beneficial to retain. It's just the risks are also great.

I meant to add that. I think those facilities should be heavily guarded...by people with guns probably.
    Smallpox however.

In general diseases can never be assumed to be completely irradicated. When mass graves from the Black Death or the Great Plague are uncovered, they still call in biological units to ensure that they are safe. Simple organisms like bacteria (and particularly viruses) have a nasty habit of surviving...
  • Options
    I meant to add that. I think those facilities should be heavily guarded...by people with guns probably.

In general diseases can never be assumed to be completely irradicated. When mass graves from the Black Death or the Great Plague are uncovered, they still call in biological units to ensure that they are safe. Simple organisms like bacteria (and particularly viruses) have a nasty habit of surviving...

Don't suppose you're taking a lecture course by a consultant to the WHO too?

I've got an excellent book on this kind of thing. It's not exactly light reading, but I'd recommend it to all of you.

Read me
  • Options
    ginner wrote:
    Don't suppose you're taking a lecture course by a consultant to the WHO too?

Sadly my days of lectures are fairly recently behind me...
  • Options
    Sadly my days of lectures are fairly recently behind me...

Other than that particular module that's not quite the attitude I take. Can't wait to finish and get on with getting a job!
  • Options
    ginner wrote:
    Can't wait to finish and get on with getting a job!

Working's rubbish...unless you get Internet access all day :thumb: