Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

period problem

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
right first of all, im a virgin so im definatly not pregnant and im not on the pill

secondly, i usually have quite heavy periods and although they arent regular, they come every 30-40 days and i last 6 to 7 days

however my last heavy one was in january. i then got another in feb or march (cant remember when) but it wasnt heavy at all and lasted about 3 days.

i havent had anything since then so im quite worried. i have put weight on in the last year, could that be something to do with it?

im going to the docs next week if i dont come on!

Comments

• Options
    sopho wrote:
    right first of all, im a virgin so im definatly not pregnant and im not on the pill

secondly, i usually have quite heavy periods and although they arent regular, they come every 30-40 days and i last 6 to 7 days

however my last heavy one was in january. i then got another in feb or march (cant remember when) but it wasnt heavy at all and lasted about 3 days.

i havent had anything since then so im quite worried. i have put weight on in the last year, could that be something to do with it?

im going to the docs next week if i dont come on!

Aren't you lucky to live in Wakefield? I know I am. It could be the second coming of Jesus? It might be worth you considering the pill? Just to give you some predicability?
  • Options
    ginner wrote:
    Aren't you lucky to live in Wakefield? I know I am. It could be the second coming of Jesus? It might be worth you considering the pill? Just to give you some predicability?

haha you're from wakefield as well? where abouts?

ive thought about the pill, and ive talked with my mum about it and she reckons i could put on even more weight with it! ive put on about a stone and a half in the last year!
  • Options
    definitely get it checked out, but try not to worry, periods have a habit of going haywire for no particular reason. Last year I missed two in a row, then it reappeared the third month bang on time. Never found out why.

and just to continue the wakefield theme: i was in wakey today :p
  • Options
    sopho wrote:
    haha you're from wakefield as well? where abouts?

ive thought about the pill, and ive talked with my mum about it and she reckons i could put on even more weight with it! ive put on about a stone and a half in the last year!

I'm from Ossett. It's a magical place.

Good luck with the wedding by the way.
  • Options
    anyone else have any idea of what it is

btw thanks ginner! :D