Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

bra-less

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
ok. i own maybe 4 bras. i dont really wear bras a lot just because i just dont, never got into the habit i guess. anyways.why do people (and when i say people i mean girls) think this is so gross? im just so clueless as to why it disgusts some people, im not like a hippy or anything i just find that sometimes ill be more comfortable bra-less. whats the big deal? i know some people think its slutty but i just dont see that either, its just natural....i guess maybe because im a 34c and not completely flat-chested girls might find it slutty, but im just trying to get comfortable. i dont see why its considered gross or unlady-like. :no:

Comments

• Options
    there might be health benefits to wearing a bra, there might be benefits for not wearing a bra
  • Options
    its not unlady like. if you prefer not to wear a bra and can get away with it, then do it. Bras arent A health requirement, they only give you shape and stop them from bouncing around, tyheoretically helping to prevent sagging. Not actually any health reason at all.
  • Options
    I do however have a couple of friends who have got boob reductions on the NHS for health reasons though - because thier boobs are too big for thier back to support...
  • Options
    don't you get uncomfortable from not having any support?
  • Options
    don't you get uncomfortable from not having any support?

i was thinking that.

i'm around the same size and get quite sore if i go bra-less. not to mention joggers nipple >_<
  • Options
    What is joggers nipple :|

Well i have smaller boobies than you Tullia and if i go bra less i bounce when going down the stairs, which is not good at all.
    But if you think it's comfy or whatever there is no reason why you have to wear a bra.
  • Options
    beans wrote:
    What is joggers nipple :|

go jogging without a bra on and find out ;)

eta: or you could just google it and save yourself the :shocking: :crying:

:p
  • Options
    Haha, ohmygoodness i loved this bit!

''this is often much worse if the nipples are erect. For those who haven't experienced this problem, and please don't try this, imagine the effect of rubbing a piece of sand-paper up and down on your nipples."

I think in future, i shall just not ask. :p
  • Options
    I guess if you feel comfortable without a bra, then you should be able to go bra-less if you want to. I mean, as long as you aren't wearing really low cut tops or whatever then you shouldn't be considered slutty.
  • Options
    beans wrote:
    ''this is often much worse if the nipples are erect. For those who haven't experienced this problem, and please don't try this, imagine the effect of rubbing a piece of sand-paper up and down on your nipples."

OMG, that gives me a flash back when I was doing a 4 mile jog, think it was with TA. I stupidly, was wearing a lacy bra and ooo how my nipples hurt coming back as it was int he middle of january. Got funny looks, as I kept rubbing them, to ease them.

But, for the thread. C cup aint that big, so if you don't want to wear bras and you find it more comfortable. I don't see the problem. Me personally, I have to wear bras. Though I do have me rare occassions, depending in what top I'm wearing, I'd go without a bra. Espeically in the summer and I'm a D/DD
  • Options
    i'm a dd/e, and can get away without a bra with certain tops. i've got this backless top and if i ever wear that it's so weird dancing with no bra on!
  • Options
    Hah when I run long distance, I get nipple-burn, I guess it must be even more painful for a female.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I don't pretend to know anything real about the issue, so don't pick on me please... But there's a thought I'd like to present to all those who said "I have to wear a bra, I'm too big":
    How do you suppose women survived before bras were invented? Being in pain/discomfort every last second of every day? I doubt it...
  • Options
    I wear bras.. i personally think it looks better when breasts are supported rather than saggy .. im a 36C everyone tells me thats big :( im very self conscious about it
  • Options
    sexpod wrote:
    Hah when I run long distance, I get nipple-burn, I guess it must be even more painful for a female.
    You could try wearing a bra :p.
  • Options
    More structured clothing in later times (C16th onwards for rich ladies) - but you do have a point. Pain!
  • Options
    im a 34b and even i couldnt go out bra-less! they move around too much! and would hurt after a while
  • Options
    the only problem with them bouncing around too much is guys eyes miraculously bouncing along with them. i think its cute if you wear a nice tank -top and dont wear a bra...its more natural.
  • Options
    which begs the question

how cute does it look on YOU? will you show us (me)? ;):)
  • Options

And you signed up to post that?
  • Options
    I wear bras.. i personally think it looks better when breasts are supported rather than saggy .. im a 36C everyone tells me thats big :( im very self conscious about it
    Me too! I don't think it's that big but one of my guy mates stuffed my bra and wore it to a drag night and concluded I must have "huge" breasts :(
  • Options
    I hate going out without a bra to be honest but hey that's just me. My friends about 2 cup sizes bigger than me and always goes with a bra because god gave her naturally pert big boobs :grump: Whereas he left me with not really too much to work with :lol:
  • Options
    sure did! something wrong with that??
  • Options
    yup, its would be called spamming
  • Options
    so incredibly tempting but ill have to decline :yuck: