Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

all this ultra capitalist people

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
you claim its humans natural urge for greed etc etc that means communism cant work

anyway, dont you see if there was no government and was all left down to providers, that some people would declare themselves rulers of an area like the mafia do, thus removing anypoint of getting rid of the government since youll be paying a protection racket instead

Comments

• Options
    you claim its humans natural urge for greed etc etc that means communism cant work

anyway, dont you see if there was no government...

That's odd. Since when did the view that communism doesn't work automatically lead to the notion of "no government"?

Ian.
  • Options
    mate, you're going to have to work out how the quotes work before it leads to confusion.
  • Options
    mate, you're going to have to work out how the quotes work before it leads to confusion.

I do know how it works but it quickly clutters long threads and makes them almost unreadable. Italics always work for me ...

Ian.
  • Options
    But not for everyone else.
  • Options
    No-one's struggled with it on any of the countless other forums I've been going on for years... :cool:

Ian.
  • Options
    Whatever you like mate. But the same thing has been pointed out to another user on here recently. You could do it to be polite or not, as you like.
  • Options
    Fiend_85 wrote:
    Whatever you like mate. But the same thing has been pointed out to another user on here recently. You could do it to be polite or not, as you like.

Fair enough, won't make me lose any sleep at night using the quoting function lol.

Have reading skills at L'boro perished since I graduated in '92? ;) (JOKE!)

Ian.
  • Options
    Engineering, reading isn't a requirement ;)
  • Options
    anyway, dont you see if there was no government and was all left down to providers, that some people would declare themselves rulers of an area like the mafia do, thus removing anypoint of getting rid of the government since youll be paying a protection racket instead

Ooooh. you are so close.

the "Government" is a bright mafia. That's all it is. It looks after it's victims in a more intelligent way, having realised that the more productive we are, the more it can leach from us.

They are killers thieves and liars. Simple as. Stop supporting them.

Don't vote. Don't pay "taxes".
  • Options
    klintock wrote:
    Ooooh. you are so close.

the "Government" is a bright mafia. That's all it is. It looks after it's victims in a more intelligent way, having realised that the more productive we are, the more it can leach from us.

They are killers thieves and liars. Simple as. Stop supporting them.

Don't vote. Don't pay "taxes".

no they actually do us some good though, and well sadly some people always want to govern

something we have to deal with, id rather be here than in somalia for example, where they have no official government, yet somehow yo pay 'duty' to airports etc ;)
  • Options
    We can have the services they provide without the crap that goes with it though. Somailia's problems aren't purely down to having no government, they are down to not having the services government provide.

Some system of law is needed, certainly. Some defence from others wanting to enslave us by force alone, definitely.

The current shambles we have? Nope don't think I need someone to tell me what to do in my own house thanks.

Paying fines for "speeding" when no one is injured and no damage done? No thanks.

Paying for things I don't want and can't use? You can keep it.

And the people who want to "govern" are almost by definition the people who shouldn't be allowed to..
  • Options
    klintock wrote:
    Paying fines for "speeding" when no one is injured and no damage done? No thanks.

Ah, that's a whole different ball-game.

Attempted murder can conceivably be victimless with no damage caused but it's still illegal for good reason.

I guess the same applies if you're not strictly trying to murder someone but just decide to go out into the street and wave a loaded gun around (maybe letting it off at a few innocent pigeons too). Still highly illegal for good reason.

What about dangerous driving? That's illegal for a very good reason even though it's often victimless...

Oh, don't get me wrong, I have looooads of speeding points under my belt over the years (and just picked up another 3 a few weeks ago for 102mph ... oops, I got off VERY lucky there). I just know of plenty of idiots who don't know how to handle a car at 20mph let alone 100mph and they need to be taught a lesson. I know for a fact I can handle a car at 100mph but I don't expect any special treatment as a result.

Ian.
  • Options
    You need a licence to drive a car?

Since when?
  • Options
    what? is that a serious question? while you may not think it's fair that you have to have a licence to drive a car (or have a tv, or own a gun etcetc), you shouldn't actually drive around without a licence to prove a point...
  • Options
    You lost me.

I can drive a car without a licence. It's just possible regardless of anyones opinion.

I don't need a licence to own a TV either. I am not accountable to anyone, why should I pay money just because some dillusional nitwit in an office thinks that I should?

If you believe that, cough up £100 ;)
  • Options
    klintock wrote:
    You need a licence to drive a car?

Since when?

Where on here did anybody say you did? :rolleyes:

Ian.
  • Options
    Oh, don't get me wrong, I have looooads of speeding points under my belt over the years (and just picked up another 3 a few weeks ago for 102mph ... oops, I got off VERY lucky there).

If you don't need a licence to drive or permission from someone then in what way were you lucky?
    I know for a fact I can handle a car at 100mph but I don't expect any special treatment as a result.

Treatment by who?

You seem to be seeking permission to do something you know you can do from someone/thing. What exactly?
  • Options
    klintock wrote:
    If you don't need a licence to drive or permission from someone then in what way were you lucky?

Well obviously I don't need a license to be able to drive a car but if I don't have a license and I do get caught or have an accident, there's a strong chance I might go to prison. Call me a subservient member of the public but I don't much fancy that ;)

Treatment by who?

The police. See above for reasons why I'm keen on keeping my license.
    You seem to be seeking permission to do something you know you can do from someone/thing. What exactly?

Again, see above. I'm not seeking permission for anything. I'll do it anyway but am aware of the possible consequences if I do. Once I read the anarchist's primer a bit more closely then maybe I'll become a bit more rebellious in the future... ;)

Ian.
  • Options
    klintock wrote:
    I can drive a car without a licence. It's just possible regardless of anyones opinion.

I don't need a licence to own a TV either. I am not accountable to anyone, why should I pay money just because some dillusional nitwit in an office thinks that I should?

If you believe that, cough up £100 ;)
    People like youi should be locked up for a minimum of 12 months, your car taken & sold, the proceeds used to pay accompanying fines, your TV, if you own it, also confiscated.
  • Options
    Why?
  • Options
    klintock wrote:
    Why?
    Breaking the law, got no time for law-breakers!
  • Options
    I have never been convicted of any offence and therefore have broken no law.
  • Options
    klintock wrote:

Good answer :thumb:

Ian.
  • Options
    klintock wrote:
    You've broken the law, its just that you haven't yet been caught!
  • Options
    Innocent until proven guilty of all charges and all elements of those charges, or do you not believe in the rule of law?

The law isn't pick'n'mix you know.

At least for those who say they obey and believe in it, anyway.
  • Options
    klintock wrote:
    Innocent until proven guilty of all charges and all elements of those charges, or do you not believe in the rule of law?
    If you care to look back on your postings you'll see that you've admitted the offences!!!
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:
    If you care to look back on your postings you'll see that you've admitted the offences!!!

Not exactly admissible as a confession in court though is it? :razz:

Ian.
  • Options
    I am entirely innocent of the major cause of crime - JURISDICTION!!

The second there is objective proof that there is a country called the uk then I will have to obey it's laws. Looks like I am innocent after all.