Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Oxycottin

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My boyfriend does oxy probably i would say at least once every week. I have never tried it myself and i dont want to for the fact that herion addt. runs in my family. It is very important to me that i dont live the life of my parents i always got hurt in my childhood over and over. know i am 19 and my boyfriend actually tried oxy before he even knew me. He ask me if it bothers me that he is going to do it with his friend that night and i don't want it to seem that i want to control him, and i am happy he tells me when he does it so i know he is not hidding it. I have never told hom not to do or got upset w/ him, but i have realized that it is becoming a little more often. I don't know what to do, i will not continue to let myself get hurt again by drugs but i dont know how to put it to him in a way that he will realize that i love him and i have always looked forward to my future and there is no way oxy can be involved bc i dont know if he is going to get addicted?? i dont know really how seriouse this drug is. please if u can let me know ne thing u should think i should do. Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Its fairly serious yes, its potentially a very addictive opiate, of a similar breed to heroin.

Granted because its all taken from legitimate supply some of the risks associated with street heroin are not there, but thats hardly a reason to be doing it.

It seems to me that you need to make a tough choice, draw a line in the sand as it were. You need to know what the boundary is and then if it goes past that you leave, it will be very easy to make excuses for him, say 'oh its only this once' etc.

Where you draw the line on his use is up to you though, but if you say 'once a week and no more' can you totally trust him to stick to it?
  • Options
    yea its in the same shoes as codeine

'Codeine is an opiate agonist - sedative and analgesic narcotic substance found in opium in concentrations between 0.1% and 2%. Codeine was first isolated from opium by the French chemist Pierre-Jean Robiquet in 1832. Because of the small concentration found in nature, most codeine found in medical products is synthesised from morphine.

When injected, 120mg of codeine phosphate produces an analgesic response equivalent to that from 10mg of morphine. Codeine can be converted to morphine. '

DHC (dihydrocodeine) is twice the strength of codeine, hydrocodone is 6 times the strength and oxycodone is 8 times the strength

it would be fairly easy to become hooked, espically if he has a constant source

here is a page with some information on oxycodone:

http://codeine.50g.com/info/oxycodone.html

(site also contains other useful information, such as the cold water extraction for codeine :))
  • Options
    Isnt oxycontin slightly different though, I thought it was further up the scale than codeine, but opiates arent really my specialty.
  • Options
    what you are talking about here, OxyCotin is a brand name for a slow release opioid agonist analgesic based on Oxycodone Hydrochloride, Manufactured by Purdue Pharmaceuticals.

Oxycotin comes in differing doses in its pharmaceutical preparation, and it is interesting to note that the 80mg dose is only recommended to be used in patients with opiate tolerance. The abuse potential of these preparations stem greatley from breaking open the capsule to stop the slow release and allow all of the opioid to be administered in one hit.

Oxycotin has the same analgesic potency as morphine, so yes it is a serious drug as are all opioids.

He is using once a week now, there is nothing to suggest that will go up at the moment, just as there is no reason why it cant in the future. If you are seriously troubled by this (and it sounds like you have every right to be) you may want to talk to him about it. You are not 'being controlling' you are expressing concern about events you have seen that can and do happen with opioids. Given your past history there is no way he can reasonably be offended by this and to be honest the fact that he is asking you to see if you mind is a bit of a giveaway to the fact that he probably cares about how you feel about his use, although this just my opinion based on heavy inferrence upon what you have said.

Talk to him mate, its the only way really IMHO :)