Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Taking class A without knowing

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Or something. What would happen if someone spiked your dink with say speed and you come up and started freaking out? For someone who isn't a drug user would be quite scary no doubt? My mate reckons someone spiked his drink with something like speed or something like that from what he described a while ago

thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    Naturally someone who isn't expecting a drug to take effect on them will be a bit freaked out.
  • Options
    What I ment was, how exactly would you stop freaking out?? Tell your self to be calm but that may not make any differance.
  • Options
    Probably not since they didn't actually make the decision to take the drug, it would come as a complete suprise to the person especially if they haven't taken any drugs before, they are going to be completly unaware of the effects and won't know what's hit them.

One of my mates got spiked with an e, he didn't have a clue what was happening, said he didn't like it, but then why did he start eating them each week after this?musta liked what he felt...
  • Options
    well it'll be mental so if your in the situation were its likely you may be spiked then you would probably realise and reassure yourself ...

or just take some diaze's and go to bed :D
  • Options
    i got spiked with "e",and i fucking did freak out!....i'd already had 12 pint's of larger and 2 spliffs.......for some strange reason,i ran round the village,like a twat,and passed out on the football field.
  • Options
    or just take some diaze's and go to bed

No dont do that, that would be stupid.

If he'd been spiked more likely than not the drink that was spiked would have been alcoholic. Mixing benzodiazeprines with alcohol is extremely dangerous and can cause fatal depression of the CNS, loss of conciousness and respiritory depression.
  • Options
    hmm i've done it a good few times ... drink, weed and daize's get you fuuuucked :D .. sounds dangerous tho lol
  • Options
    yes it does get you 'fuuuucked', and you are walking a very thin line between 'fuuuucked' and 'fuuuuuuuuck!'

People often drink with benzos, but benzos have also been involved in many deaths by misadventure. You are hitting your body with two powerful depressants and a hallucenogen which lowers blood pressure but increases heart rate. You are sending your body all over the place, it really isnt the wisest thing.
  • Options
    I'm always amazed at the number of times this happens, why is this a 'fun' thing to do? Curious.

I'd expect to a complete novice being given speed would be deeply disturbing because you wouldnt really know what was happening or whether it was going to get worse.
  • Options
    DEANO MAC wrote:
    i got spiked with "e",and i fucking did freak out!....i'd already had 12 pint's of larger and 2 spliffs.......for some strange reason,i ran round the village,like a twat,and passed out on the football field.

that sounds awesome haha :shocking:
    .matt
  • Options
    intrigue wrote:
    that sounds awesome haha :shocking:
    .matt

Yes, stunning, except he could well have passed out, injured himself or even died, at which point the person who spiked him is looking at a manslaughter charge, or worse.
  • Options
    Sorry let me be more specific running around the village and passing out ont he football field sounds awesome and very funny.

The fact it was brought on by someone spiking your drink isnt funny at all.

Apologies fi you thought thats what i was laughing at bongbudda
    .matt
  • Options
    Its just something that people dont really consider, spiking someone could well be construed in court as GBH or similar, a serious charge to have against you.
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    Its just something that people dont really consider, spiking someone could well be construed in court as GBH or similar, a serious charge to have against you.
    well personally i wouldnt do it anyways so no need for the conisderation hehe
    .matt
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    There ios an article on theSite about Drug assisted rape that has some tips on how to avoid getting spiked if anyone wants to read more...
  • Options
    i'm a bit cocerned now, i always take temazipan and zolpidom with lots of alcohol. today i've been sick and very dizzy but usually don'y have any other problems on it. :(

temazepam, zolpidem and drink ... lovely bunch of downers there :D throw in a bit of weed and you'd be on your back :D

i like sleepers .. :)
  • Options
    well i also confess i have a secret love for depressant tablets (although i can never seem to get any :mad:), but if you are mixing these with alcohol then you should be VERY worried it really is as serious as i make out.

Mixing any of these with alcohol is very dangerous.

PoisionFairy; If you felt sick then it really does worry me what would happen if you fell asleep or passed out... you could choke if you actually were sick.

z01; You are playing with fire here mate, one shot this way, one spliff that way could really have dire consequences, please reconsider your use.
  • Options
    unless you're an evil sick minded drug dealer with hundreds of e's or whatever drugs to spare i couldn't see why anyone would want to waste their drugs on someone else, date-rape drugs are a different story but why would you just walk past someone's drink and say drop a pill in it...don't see the logic at all

i don't know...i'd say it would be a mad experience to get spiked...just me though...
  • Options
    thats because you are degenerate looney, sunshine :D

Worth pointing out also that the most commonly used date rape drug by far is still alcohol...and also i'd unfortunately wager one of the most successful.
  • Options
    thats because you are degenerate looney, sunshine :D

Worth pointing out also that the most commonly used date rape drug by far is still alcohol...and also i'd unfortunately wager one of the most successful.

:D

yea sometimes at clubs you'll see men standing beside women who are totally legless...pretending to help them and holding them up...you just know they bought them drinks all night and are going to take advantage of them...
  • Options
    the body is extremely resiliant and it doesnt mean everyone who does it will die (obviously) but only in the acute sense, you cannot do this much without having DIRE consequences.

Taking benzo's with E (one question: WHY? unless they are taking them on the comedown) is extremely dangerous...taking the as soon as the E wears off sends your heart and CNS completely the other way without giving it time to adjust from the E. Also the drug itself is not immediately expelled from the system so your liver and kidneys are working to excrete the E when along comes this powerful sedative which complicates and slows this process.
  • Options
    the body is extremely resiliant and it doesnt mean everyone who does it will die (obviously) but only in the acute sense, you cannot do this much without having DIRE consequences.

Taking benzo's with E (one question: WHY? unless they are taking them on the comedown) is extremely dangerous...taking the as soon as the E wears off sends your heart and CNS completely the other way without giving it time to adjust from the E. Also the drug itself is not immediately expelled from the system so your liver and kidneys are working to excrete the E when along comes this powerful sedative which complicates and slows this process.

i took a blue bomber (10mg val) at 8 in the morning after comin down off a load of e's and coke (more than i'd usually take) instead of going to bed, turned me into a complete zombie ... im sure i looked as fucked up as i felt

beds the better option i'd say, if i hadn't of made myself sit up it would have just knocked me out and i would have been fine
  • Options
    My cousin got spiked with something unknown, it must have been a date rate drug. He was actually staggering all over the road, pure white face, blue lips, couldn't coherently put a sentence together, he was found lying in the middle of the road nearly out cold but luckily the person who found him knew him and knew where he lived so they called him a taxi and took him home. His mum had to sit up all night watching him all night drifting in and out of sleep just incase he was sick while he was sleeping, he'd been vomiting most of the time since arriving home, even coughed up blood.

Scary stuff, my aunt actually thought he wasn't going to make it and she's a nurse.
  • Options
    Sleeping pills will lead to you depending on eating them to get to sleep, bad thing IMO.
  • Options
    We all gotta cut back at some point or another, i'm starting to realise that. Can't keep going on eating pills every weekend.

Cigs are hard to give up too...very.
  • Options
    Giving up benzos probably is a good idea, they are very moorish and can be very addictive. I think i would be in alot of trouble if i had ready access to benzo's, i love my depressants too much.
  • Options
    Shogun wrote:
    My cousin got spiked with something unknown, it must have been a date rate drug.

Scary stuff, my aunt actually thought he wasn't going to make it and she's a nurse.

I'm sorry to hear about that mate, but there are no 'date rape drugs' there are drugs which can be used for that purpose but they are not 'date rape drugs'.
  • Options
    Aye I know but isn't that what they'r called in the papers and media?
  • Options
    Well yes, but the term really has no meaning, people can tell you what drugs are used, but no one can point to a 'date rape drug' because there are none.
  • Options
    What was it more than likely he was spiked with, GHB? He couldn't remember anything after a certain point plus he's a heavy drinker so his mum was used to seeing him in states but she said this was something else.

Actually a good few people round here i know have been spiked at some time or another, one of my other cousins got spiked as well but she was nowhere near as bad as the first one, she couldn't walk and her legs felt like jelly, like everytime she tried to walk her legs give way..had to be helped home by her mates.
    The worst thing of that one is too the person who done it they think was sitting at the edje of the bar the whole night, like this place is a club for 18-25 year olds but there was one man who looked about 40 sitting at the end of the bar all night watching my cousin and her friends. Some sick bastards out there.