Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Tony's got an election...

Tony Blair's a busy man at the moment, isn't he? I mean, there's an election campaign to be getting on with, bills to be getting through Parliament, a funeral to go to on Friday and a wedding on Saturday. So, you might think the tabloids were the last thing oh his mind, right? Er, sadly not. For today, he's sent a letter to Daily Mirror readers, as printed on the front page... shown here...

3.jpg
How come Blair always has time to write to tabloid newspapers and talk to radio hosts, but never has time to do things like deal with MRSA in hospitals?

In other news...
And oh yes, on a side note, here's how the Mirror's rival paper covers the start of the election campaign:
8.jpg
Upmarket and intelligent as always, eh? :rolleyes:
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    "I was the popes first girlfriend" - on the front cover.

Sorry but thats soo the Sun isn't it? :lol:
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:

In other news...
    And oh yes, on a side note, here's how the Mirror's rival paper covers the start of the election campaign:
    8.jpg
    Upmarket and intelligent as always, eh? :rolleyes:

How can you read your own posts and not think 'fucking hell, I sure am one stuck-up asshole'?

The Sun appeals to those who give a shit about other things rather than empty promises and personal competition, stop implying that by 'caring' about the elections you are more "Upmarket and intelligent" than the majority of people (those who don't vote).
  • Options
    Capacity wrote:
    How can you read your own posts and not think 'fucking hell, I sure am one stuck-up asshole'?

The Mirror appeals to those who give a shit about other things
    :lol:

uh hu because the popes first gf is important. and as we all know REALLY hot triplets with no tops on is going to be an important issue when you lot have your election.
  • Options
    I wonder if Ms Tory wants to be tied up with bin bags, choked on an orange and buggered to death.

Perhaps Ms. liberal democrat goes both ways.

And maybe Ms. labour promises you "Anything you want, Darling" but actually gives you a cool kiss goodnight and a damp handshake. (After you spend a fortune on a night out with her first.)

Looking at the popes GF no wonder he took up celibacy instead. A lifetime of surrpetitious wanking in an art gallery or this old boot?

Pffft pass me the kleenex.
  • Options
    klintock wrote:
    Looking at the popes GF no wonder he took up celibacy instead. A lifetime of surrpetitious wanking in an art gallery or this old boot?

Pffft pass me the kleenex.

:lol::lol:

Do you think he practiced what he preached ?

" - masturbation is an intrinsically and seriously disordered act...the deliberate use of the sexual faculty outside normal conjugal relations essentially contradicts the finality of the faculty. For it lacks the sexual relationship called for by the moral order, namely the relationship which realizes 'the full sense of mutual self-giving and human procreation in the context of true love.' All deliberate exercise of sexuality must be reserved to this regular relationship."

seeker
  • Options
    Sorry, I misread the topic title. I thought it read "Tony's got an erection", but the question is would he know what to do with it?
  • Options
    Thatis a great frontpage by the Sun, though.
  • Options
    Shame they've covered the interesting bits though...
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:
    Sorry, I misread the topic title. I thought it read "Tony's got an erection", but the question is would he know what to do with it?

You got any kids Rich Kid?

_38122278_blair_family150.jpg
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    How come Blair always has time to write to tabloid newspapers and talk to radio hosts, but never has time to do things like deal with MRSA in hospitals?

There are strategies in place to reduce the number of infections etc, though it is agreed by all that it will take time for the results to filter through to the statistics. Strangely every case of MRSA I've come across has been a case of self infection, which makes me wonder how smartarses would solve that particular problem... perhaps elderly people with wounds should have their arms tied to the bed or something...

Of course I'm not saying MRSA is trivial, far from it, but aside from putting on an apron and cleaning the wards himself what otehr initiatives would you like to see from Mr Blair?

I suspect writing to a tabloid newspaper took a whole five minutes of Tony's time (and lets face it, he probably didn't even write it himself). The whole point in an election campaign is to get out there and put your message (whatever that message may be) across to the masses. Whether you like it or not the masses read tabloid newspapers.
  • Options
    Have you?
  • Options
    :lol: and as we all know REALLY hot triplets with no tops on is going to be an important issue when you lot have your election.
    :yes:
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:
    Have you?

Indeed I have.

So, back to you.
  • Options
    :lol:

uh hu because the popes first gf is important. and as we all know REALLY hot triplets with no tops on is going to be an important issue when you lot have your election.

When I said The Mirror, I meant The Sun.. Which is why I corrected it. ;/
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:
    Have you?

Trans: Er.... no.
  • Options
    BumbleBee wrote:
    I suspect writing to a tabloid newspaper took a whole five minutes of Tony's time (and lets face it, he probably didn't even write it himself). The whole point in an election campaign is to get out there and put your message (whatever that message may be) across to the masses. Whether you like it or not the masses read tabloid newspapers.
    Yes, I accept that, and I do read a lot of tabloid newspapers myself, thanks.
    Capacity wrote:
    The Sun appeals to those who give a shit about other things rather than empty promises and personal competition, stop implying that by 'caring' about the elections you are more "Upmarket and intelligent" than the majority of people (those who don't vote).
    When I said "upmarket and intelligent" it was meant as a mockery of the Murdoch-owned tabloid, not of its readers. Having thought further about it, I thought The Sun's way of announcing the start of the election was... eye-catching, to say the least.
    Rich Kid wrote:
    :yeees: It's just me playing with words...
  • Options
    Capacity wrote:
    When I said The Mirror, I meant The Sun.. Which is why I corrected it. ;/

a tabloid is a tabloid buddy. Their all on the same par and they're all trash.
  • Options
    top quote :thumb:
  • Options

I'd agree, but I know what sort of things get you hassle on these boards, and saying stuff like that is one of them. ;p
  • Options
    The tabloids in this country, particularly the Daily Mail & Express are top-notch publications. They have the courage to highlight the key issues that concern people. I'd recommend them to anyone who wants to know whats happening to our once great country.
    Those that say they're trash are the same people who love colouring in the picture sheets in McDonald's, their brains have been reduced to a mash by burgers and fries!
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:
    The tabloids in this country, particularly the Daily Mail & Express are top-notch publications. They have the courage to highlight the key issues that concern people. I'd recommend them to anyone who wants to know whats happening to our once great country.

Absolute vintage! :D
  • Options
    oh i suppose that's supposed to be a comment about our "big fat American culture" that we've got over here. But you ought to know better than to make generalizations; i gave you (as ignorant as some of your views are) more credit than that buddy.

as far as i can tell your tabloids have only lies, rumors, and ignorant stories concocted to entertained those very same mush brained individuals you mentioned earlier.
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    Absolute vintage! :D
    Glad you like it lamp boy!
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:
    Those that say they're trash are the same people who love colouring in the picture sheets in McDonald's, their brains have been reduced to a mash by burgers and fries!

You're a moron.
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    Yes, I accept that, and I do read a lot of tabloid newspapers myself, thanks.

You're welcome? Why did you thank me? Strange.

Care to address my other questions?
  • Options
    But how hard is it to clean a hospital?

:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Renzo wrote:
    You're a moron.
    Thanks Renzo.
  • Options
    as far as i can tell your tabloids have only lies, rumors, and ignorant stories concocted to entertained those very same mush brained individuals you mentioned earlier.
    Since when did you become an expert on our tabloids? Do you read the Daily Mail or Daily Express, (two of Britains finest daily newspapers), on a daily basis?
    If not, you know nothing about the subject.

I don't profess to be an expert on American tabloids but they are the pits! There is no way they can be compared to Britains finest! I salute the Mail & Express for highlighting the key issues that concern the people of this country!
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:
    Since when did you become an expert on our tabloids? Do you read the Daily Mail or Daily Express, (two of Britains finest daily newspapers), on a daily basis?
    If not, you know nothing about the subject.

I don't profess to be an expert on American tabloids but they are the pits! There is no way they can be compared to Britains finest! I salute the Mail & Express for highlighting the key issues that concern the people of this country!
    you are just becoming a "caricature" of a tory twat,but do carry on.the best laugh ive had in ages! :)
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    But how hard is it to clean a hospital?

:rolleyes:

Very hard I imagine. Having cleaned the surgery where I work for a month because the cleaner was off sick I'd say cleaning a hospital must be torture.