Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

england..

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
so what do we think then?.....have we lost our loyalty,or what?..do you like your country?...fuck the politics!...do you feel loyal to your country?

Comments

• Options
    Don't get me started.........
  • Options
    Loyal to my country in what sense?
  • Options
    Loyal to my country in what sense?
    in the sense of unity,pride of place,and so on.
  • Options
    Starts to twitch ......... but goes to the pub instead.
  • Options
    klintock wrote:
    Starts to twitch ......... but goes to the pub instead.
    c ya when you get back :)
  • Options
    I really don't know about this. Looking at Wales, people here are pretty patriotic and aren't ashamed to say so. I just get the feeling looking at England in comparison that whilst you're a patriotic bunch, you feel, I dunno, somewhat ashamed about showing that to the world.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    stargalaxy wrote:
    I really don't know about this. Looking at Wales, people here are pretty patriotic and aren't ashamed to say so. I just get the feeling looking at England in comparison that whilst you're a patriotic bunch, you feel, I dunno, somewhat ashamed about showing that to the world.

I aint ashamed.

I love where I live.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    I aint ashamed. I love where I live.
    No, no, I'm not saying you are ashamed, I'm saying that was the impression I got, that you keep your patriotism a little closer to your heart. There's nothing wrong with that really, I'm just making observation.
  • Options
    Back from the pub and AAAAAAARRRRGGGHHHHH!!!

It's not there!!!!

There is no England. It's bloody fictional.

And so on....
  • Options
    I'm proud to be English but not so proud of what England has become. Some people seem so worked up about keeping everyother nationality happy and unoffended that they forget not to offend us.

I mean our religious holidays arnt being celibrated for their religious meanings. In school there was never once an assembly about what christmas really was all about be there were several on other nationalities religious holidays.
  • Options
    I'll tell you a little something. When I first heard the meet was going to be held on April 23rd, I checked the calendar. That day happens to be St. George's Day. I sent PMs to one or two members asking if they'd be celebrating on that day. Not that this would affect my decision to go into London, I was just curious. To my bemusement, each one replied saying they weren't doing anything special on the day and they weren't aware of anyone who was planning to celebrate.

Compare and contrast with elsewhere. In Ireland, for example, St Patrick's Day is a wonderful chance to celebrate Irish identity and to get pissed. Nothing wrong with that, I reckon! In Scotland, the haggis is as popular as ever. Even in Wales, national identity is making a revival here. The debate about the future of the Welsh language has had the added effect of making people feel more patriotic. At the recent rugby match in the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff for example, friends of the family who were there all talked about there being such friendly patriotism for both Welsh and Irish supporters.

Patriotism isn't dead in England, it's merely had something of a hibernation period in recent years. And I think the time has come for it to be awakened once more.
  • Options
    saint george chased the dragon and became a hero ...i chased it and ended up in front of a bloody judge!
  • Options
    saint george chased the dragon and became a hero ...i chased it and ended up in front of a bloody judge!
    i'm trying to post a serious fucking thread here!!...de ye mind??
  • Options
    But st George wasnt English was he? What did he do? See! This guy is ment to be of national improtance and I know nothing about him!
  • Options
    DEANO MAC wrote:
    i'm trying to post a serious fucking thread here!!...de ye mind??
    me too mate!
    one law for the rich and famous and those on horseback ...and one for us poor fuckers.
    ok ...i try and be proud ...but how can i be proud of things i have never contributed to?
    i didn't invent the spinning jenny ...i didn't conqeur india ...i never got to shag dianna ...
    i'm quite proud of being me though.
    why?
    i made being a bum a proffesional and sucsesful carear choice ...against all the odds.
  • Options
    Zella wrote:
    But st George wasnt English was he? What did he do? See! This guy is ment to be of national improtance and I know nothing about him!
    he was actualy a black guy.
    abysinian maybe?
    not bad for an immigrant aye luke?
  • Options
    me too mate!
    one law for the rich and famous and those on horseback ...and one for us poor fuckers.
    ok ...i try and be proud ...but how can i be proud of things i have never contributed to?
    i didn't invent the spinning jenny ...i didn't conqeur india ...i never got to shag dianna ...
    i'm quite proud of being me though.
    why?
    i made being a bum a proffesional and sucsesful carear choice ...against all the odds.
    so,i know you live in wales,but you are english........which side of the fence are you son?....and don't start fucking singing!
  • Options
    DEANO MAC wrote:
    so,i know you live in wales,but you are english........which side of the fence are you son?....and don't start fucking singing!
    manchestuh born and bred ...in the back streets behind a cotton mill.
    i've only been an honoury sheep shagger for around 17/18 years.
    i'm proud that i'm not welsh.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    I feel Loyal to my Country which is currently betrayted by a corrupt leadership.

Revolt! Why hell won't anyone? Its the only way we can change this fucknig mess we are in. It doesn't matter who you vote for, nothing will change.

Poor England... we've lost our Glory thanks to them. Bastards!
  • Options
    DEANO MAC wrote:

ya know i think there is a health plan out there that can help with this whole "anger thing" you've got going. :thumb:
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    I aint ashamed.

I love where I live.

well said i know klintock could go off on a world off his own trying to define what a country means never mind pride and unity...i live where i live...if anyone touched my mates i'd stick up for them...if i was in spain and an irish boy was fighting i'd stick up for the iriash boy thats all i'll say for my pride in my country...
  • Options

st goeroge is still putting bandages on his burnt carcass...st paddy is still living strong despite the snake bites...what does it say about english nationalism...sorry being a bit metaphorical there but the smart one's will catch my drift...
  • Options
    ya know i think there is a health plan out there that can help with this whole "anger thing" you've got going. :thumb:
    is there now?...don't really see how you thought i was angry??...with rolly?...naaa!
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    st goeroge is still putting bandages on his burnt carcass...st paddy is still living strong despite the snake bites...what does it say about english nationalism...sorry being a bit metaphorical there but the smart one's will catch my drift...
    i'm not smart,but i think i know what your saying. ;)
  • Options
    DEANO MAC wrote:
    i'm not smart,but i think i know what your saying. ;)

nah man i'd actually expect you to understand cos i'm in the same boat as you...in fact my whole existence on thesite has been some sort of fictional fantasy game...a few people are close to figuring me out but i'm willing to play along...as long as you'se are ;)
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    nah man i'd actually expect you to understand cos i'm in the same boat as you...in fact my whole existence on thesite has been some sort of fictional fantasy game...a few people are close to figuring me out but i'm willing to play along...as long as you'se are ;)
    do you think they have figured me out yet?..what is your perception of me?
  • Options
    DEANO MAC wrote:
    do you think they have figured me out yet?..what is your perception of me?

you are intelligent farce personified imo...i know what the criac is with you...i can see where you come from...it's all sub-consious and subliminal...my game is the same only a bit more complex but still simple enough to figure out if you just wanted to know...sorry i just talk too much crap...
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    you are intelligent farce personified imo...i know what the criac is with you...i can see where you come from...it's all sub-consious and subliminal...my game is the same only a bit more complex but still simple enough to figure out if you just wanted to know...sorry i just talk too much crap...
    i stayed awake for 3 days after bombing fet.i haven't got that excuse today!..what the fuck am i still doing up?