Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Morning after pill question

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I had a condom split slightly on Friday. It only split right at the end as my bf was taking it off so we don't think it was a danger while we were having sex but we decided I'd better take the morning after pill just in case.

Went to boots and got it and I took it that evening as the pharmacist recommended I wait till just before bedtime as it might make me feel sick. Didn't have any side effects I'm pleased to say.

Only thing that's worrying me is this site says the morning after pill is two pills. I only got given one pill and she never said anything about any other.

So I'm really worried now :(
Help!

Comments

• Options
    it used to be two pills...u used to have to take them 12hours apart...then when i took it it had changed to two at once.its possible that it is now one higher dosage pill....i don't know.

im more suprised at the fact that your pharmicist told you to wait before taking it as you should take it AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. its effectiveness is reduced by the more time that has passed since your accident.
  • Options
    I just found a site that said it was thought it was likely it'd be turned into one pill instead of two so hopefully that's right.

Admittedly I was a bit uncomfortable about waiting to take it too but I had a long car journey to go on so I was worried I'd end up sick and have to get it again.

It happened about 2.30-3pmish and I took the pill by 2am so just in the 12hr slot.

I don't think the condom split while we had sex at least, but it's still a worry :(
  • Options
    I had the same thing happen to me last year.I went to the doctors and got given two tablets that i had to take at the same time(but there are many different morning after pills like there are with the pill).I decided to go on the pill a week after that just in case the same thing happened again.Have u thought about going on the pill or having the coil or injection?!?!
  • Options
    when i took it i took 2 tablets at the same time, used to be 2 12 hours apart i think but now it's ether 1 or 2 at the same time i think
  • Options
    Yup going on the pill next week once I get an appointment with the doctor :) Don't want that worry again!

Pleased to say period started a week after I took it so that was good news :)
  • Options
    Yeah it has changed to one pill. I was confused too last time I had to take it as the time before I had been given two pills to take 12 hours apart. I suppose it is much easier now as often the 2nd pill had to be taken in the middle of the night or something! I went on the pill after the last time I had to take the morning after pill...it always worried me and is ridiculously expensive, especially considering both times I've taken it has been because of a split condom and no irresponsibility on my part. I know you can get it from the doctors for free and blah de blah but my doctors is closed at weekends which doesn't help! And I live literally in the middle of nowhere, had to drive 50mins to get it.
  • Options
    Yeah I couldn't believe it was £25 either! I was away from home so it would have been tricky to find a doctor plus it was on Good Friday afternoon so it was hard enough to find a chemist that was open!
  • Options
    You can always get it free from your GP or GUM clinic. Doctors are always available for emergencies... it's not called emergency contraception for nothing. Even in a small village you can get hold of it, it just takes a little more effort Xx