Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

barclays hole in the wall crash.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
apparently nearly two thousand cash machines went down over the weekend belonging to barclays.
barclay cards wouldn't work in other banks machines either.
on a holiday weekend!
thousands left without the means to do what they wished ...
anyone suffer?
scary this digital money i think.
call me old fashioned but theres nowt like having a few pieces of eight stuffed in your matress.

Comments

• Options
    I fucking hope the bank lost a lot of money over it.
    Those fuckers deserve all the grief they can get.

I HATE Barclays :mad:
    Seriously.
  • Options
    i hate barclays...but no other bank will have me :impissed:
    got cashback ok - i try not to use H.I.W now, afraid of cloning.
  • Options
    had some friends over for the weekend,and they could'nt get ant money out.
  • Options
    DEANO MAC wrote:
    had some friends over for the weekend,and they could'nt get ant money out.
    i've got freinds like that.
  • Options
    No bother. Find a supermarket and get cash back. They were all open anyway.
  • Options
    Good ol' windows 98!
  • Options
    Mist wrote:
    No bother. Find a supermarket and get cash back. They were all open anyway.

what on easter sunday?

yeh i tried to get some money out but couldn't. managed though.
  • Options
    what on easter sunday?

Yup. No respect these days.
  • Options
    I didn't use my card over the weekend. I like barclays :)
  • Options
    http://theinquirer.net/?article=22163

bit of an insight as to what happened
  • Options
    Am with good old Bank of Scotland so had no problems but my blokes with Barclays so had to use another machine and got charged £2.50 to lift money.
    Am never using a Barclays machine again since I tried to lift £300 before I went on hols last month and the damn machine fuct up on me. Am still waiting on them refunding my £300. When I reported the fault they weren't even apologetic.. said the machine is often playing up and it happens all the time. Not much help when am £300 out of pocket..
  • Options
    i'm not a barclays customer ...but when i read what had happened to people on a friggin bank holiday weekend ...i just knew i'd have been mighty angry had that ha[ppened to me.
  • Options
    MrG wrote:
    http://theinquirer.net/?article=22163

bit of an insight as to what happened
    and thats all it take's,to fuck the system up....propper!
  • Options
    Am with good old Bank of Scotland so had no problems but my blokes with Barclays so had to use another machine and got charged £2.50 to lift money.
    Am never using a Barclays machine again since I tried to lift £300 before I went on hols last month and the damn machine fuct up on me. Am still waiting on them refunding my £300. When I reported the fault they weren't even apologetic.. said the machine is often playing up and it happens all the time. Not much help when am £300 out of pocket..

Their machine stole £80 from me when I was in England (peanuts compared to you, really) and when my dad rang to hear why the money hadn't been transferred back to my account as they promised me they hung up on him! Had to contact my own bank here, so they could reclaim the money through a legal procedure.
    Fuckers.

Seriously. Everyone - Boycot them forever.
  • Options
    Dear Wendy wrote:
    Their machine stole £80 from me when I was in England (peanuts compared to you, really) and when my dad rang to hear why the money hadn't been transferred back to my account as they promised me they hung up on him! Had to contact my own bank here, so they could reclaim the money through a legal procedure.
    Fuckers.

Seriously. Everyone - Boycot them forever.
    when i was a youngster ...i remember people thinking my gran was eccentric for not trusting her money to bamnks ...i have inherrited this from her.
    they scare me.
    ok i've scared them a couple of times but you know what i'm saying.
  • Options
    From the firm that pays boss Matthew Barrett up to £5 million a year - incidentally, the same man who wouldn't take a credit card from his own company as the interest rates are too high - comes a spectacular display of technical incompetence.
    Thousands, possibly millions of long-suffering customers of Barclays couldn't get their money out over the weekend. Penalised for their bank's failure. So, will the bank now be punished? Will they now use some of the millions of pounds they make in profits to fix whatever went wrong with the system?
    Don't hold your breath. You know what to do. Hit the bank where it hurts.
  • Options
    I never see why people get so annoyed at banks and such, if you hate them so much, don't use them. The only reason they're so big and make so much money is because so many people use them.
  • Options
    Banks are hated because they make a huge amount of money and are perceived to be fleecing us. It may be annoying to hear of banks making record profits, but if they were making record losses, I'd be worried.
  • Options
    I never see why people get so annoyed at banks and such, if you hate them so much, don't use them. The only reason they're so big and make so much money is because so many people use them.

Exactly. And that is why I am trying to prevent people from using Barclays. As they have fucking crap costumer service, and you can't run a buisness like that.
  • Options
  • Options
    Have you tried living without a bank account? You can't.
    Agreed. I managed to stay away from the banks until I reached 18 and had left college. Thankfully, I managed to find an account with HSBC, who admittedly have been pretty good to me.
  • Options
    Yeah you can't do anything really with out a bank account. I would hate to be paid my wages in cash, thy would go so quickly :/
    Although what i thought he ment was don't use the shitty bank your complaining about, switch to another one or whatever.
  • Options
  • Options
    I've never really thought about banking too much, i use Nationwide only because when i got a job at 16 i needed to set up a bank account to have my wages paid into, and i had my little cash card and thought it was great being able to get money out for the first time in my life!
    Now i'm 18 they let me have a debit card/internet banking/overdraft and all that jazz, although i don't dare get an overdraft cause i'll just tempt myself. I'm not to fussed about anything, for my my bank is really just a 'money holder'.

Although when i have a query/want some thing their customer service has always been really good.
  • Options
    Dear Wendy wrote:
    Exactly. And that is why I am trying to prevent people from using Barclays. As they have fucking crap costumer service, and you can't run a buisness like that.

When I phone them up I always have someone answer straight away and normally any problems are resolved in about 3 minutes :p I suppose it depends on your personal experience.
  • Options
    I never see why people get so annoyed at banks and such, if you hate them so much, don't use them. .
    do you live in the grown up 21st century?
  • Options
    I'm going to go with RBS when I get my card in the next few weeks...and I hope the cunt that put the clocks back instead of forward was fired.
  • Options
    I'm going to go with RBS when I get my card in the next few weeks...and I hope the cunt that put the clocks back instead of forward was fired.
    they now reckon it wasn't the clock.
    if it wasn't they aint offering anything else at the mo.
    could it be criminal?
  • Options
    they now reckon it wasn't the clock.
    if it wasn't they aint offering anything else at the mo.
    could it be criminal?

I guess it's possible but I don't know shit about what they'd do to cause the crash or how. But the amount of power hackers and fraud criminals have these days is quite worrying so I wouldn't put it past them...
  • Options
    I guess it's possible but I don't know shit about what they'd do to cause the crash or how. But the amount of power hackers and fraud criminals have these days is quite worrying so I wouldn't put it past them...
    and if it is criminal ...you can bet your money the bank won't be rushing to let the world know.