Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

The stork

Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
Hm, how long has it been since I made a thread? :chin:

Anyhow, my question for the week/month/year/whatever is this: Did you even believe that babies are brought by the stork or any other stories like this, or were you told the truth first time you asked?

As for myself, I remember finding a book on the basics of human reproduction when I was 4, and if I remember correctly I'd never wondered about it before. Though I might have believed in the stork for some time before that, it's too long ago to be sure...

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Zalbor wrote:

Anyhow, my question for the week/month/year/whatever is this: Did you even believe that babies are brought by the stork or any other stories like this, or were you told the truth first time you asked?

As for myself, I remember finding a book on the basics of human reproduction when I was 4, and if I remember correctly I'd never wondered about it before. Though I might have believed in the stork for some time before that, it's too long ago to be sure...
    i got the truth,i think.never had any bullshit stories told me.
  • Options
    I was told about the stork idea I think...its cute.

Edit: Remember at the beginning of "Dumbo"?
  • Options
    in the black and white days when i were a lad ...your brothers and sisters were born in the front bedroom.
    sometimes in the 'parlour' ...or the 'lobby'.
    even the kitchen or at the foot of our stairs.

kids didn't need no education ...
    it was a part of life ...and death.
  • Options
    :lol:
    in the black and white days when i were a lad ...your brothers and sisters were born in the front bedroom.
    sometimes in the 'parlour' ...or the 'lobby'.
    even the kitchen or at the foot of our stairs.

kids didn't no education ...
    it was a part of life ...and death.
    :lol: sorry,but i found that funny :)
  • Options
    I was told i was found in a gooseberry bush! PML
  • Options
    satehen wrote:
    the updated version of that ...for some glum inner city high rise ...'we found you in a box of hub caps'.
  • Options
    i was actually born in a council house,in my mums bedroom,my dad was pissed as usual,and missed the birth...born 25/12...the second comming!
  • Options
    DEANO MAC wrote:
    i was actually born in a council house,in my mums bedroom,my dad was pissed as usual,and missed the birth...born 25/12...the second comming!
    i was born int front bedroom ...i arived exactly on time ...but never ever managed that side of my life again.
    in a rented arse ...like 90% of 'em were then.
  • Options
    I didn't believe in anything like that... I could always take a guess tho...
  • Options
    I didn't believe in anything like that... I could always take a guess tho...
    i knew ...since i could walk.
    some of the guesses these days ...tesco ...the first national bank of wankers ...the lab ...
  • Options
    I don't really remember to be honest. I can't remember not knowing the truth. Although I had some funny ideas about the truth. Such as, I thought that periods meant that you started bleeding at around 14 and carried on until you were 50 :eek:
    And I was a tad bemused by the whole concept of 'going hard'. :blush:
  • Options
    When I was reaaaally ickle I thought babies came from the cabbage patch, like my cabbage patch dolly.

Now that Im older and wiser, I hope that the stork does actually bring them, so come October I wont be chewing Mr Glitterys arm off and calling him all the names under the sun while Im in labour :yeees:
  • Options
    My little nephew was told in kindergarten that babies are bought in a supermarket, and from that moment he doesn't let his parents go to a supermarket without taking him because he's afraid they'll buy another baby...
  • Options
    so come October...
    For real? Wow, I didn't know. Great! :)
  • Options
    nah, after two sons they decided i'd find out one way or another!
    babies come from mummies tummy innit!
  • Options
    The stork is real. :|

I was found in the freezer of ASDA with the chickens, apparently. :(
  • Options
    Zalbor wrote:
    For real? Wow, I didn't know. Great! :)
    Heh, yus, Im going to be a Mama :)
  • Options
    satehen wrote:

i was told that to, my mum told me she adopted me after finding me ina bush outside, some times she says she wished she left me there! LOL
  • Options
    Zalbor wrote:

i too, stumbled across a book.... i think i was about 5
  • Options
    Now that Im older and wiser, I hope that the stork does actually bring them, so come October I wont be chewing Mr Glitterys arm off and calling him all the names under the sun while Im in labour :yeees:
    As a kid, once you find out the truth, especially when it's backed up by a scary set of actual birth photos in a book, you almost wish you still believed it was the stork that brought them. :yuck:

Was I the only kid ever who was told about the stork, and wondered what margarine had to do with it all??? :confused:
  • Options
    I've never heard the stork story. In fact, the first time I saw it on TV or somewhere I found it quite silly.
    Bear in mind that we don't have storks in Iceland so it'd be quite strange to tell kids that.

I don't remember ever asking. I just remember some book that explained things. I was a bit fascinated by it, or at least I remember it quite well, the pictures and all. :P
  • Options
    I was found in the freezer of ASDA with the chickens, apparently. :(
    That explains a lot about you. :p