Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Paypal Confirmation

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
The thing keeps refusing my debit card. I've copied everything to the letter. I don't know what else to do :|

I think it's because my bank account statement has "Lanarkshire" in the address line, but Paypal only lists either "North lanarkshire" or "South Lanarkshire"

I wonder. Do I even need to be verified to use Paypal on Ebay? I'm only going to be receiving payments, I don't want to buy anything off the net.

Comments

• Options
    What type of debit card do you have?
  • Options
    Lloyds TSB. I have an Under 19s account
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    'Electronic use only' means it must be swiped or chipped and pinned. It cannot be used in those old sliding machines of years ago so thats nothing to worry bout.
  • Options
    JsT wrote:
    'Electronic use only' means it must be swiped or chipped and pinned. It cannot be used in those old sliding machines of years ago so thats nothing to worry bout.
    Thank you James. That clears one thing up at least.
  • Options
    Does Paypal not accept either North or South Lanarkshire? It might be worth trying a different address, ie, branch, HQ or whatever to see what works
  • Options
    JsT wrote:
    Does Paypal not accept either North or South Lanarkshire? It might be worth trying a different address, ie, branch, HQ or whatever to see what works
    It says to type in the exact details. Technically I'm in North Lanarkshire but my bank has me down as "Lanarkshire" Since Paypal has the pulldown menu with either North or South Lanarkshire I can't manually type it in.
  • Options
    Try North then it should accept it.

Paypal only used to have Yorkshire listed but I was West Yorkshire, that worked OK, I dont think they check too much tbh.
  • Options
    JsT wrote:
    Try North then it should accept it.

Paypal only used to have Yorkshire listed but I was West Yorkshire, that worked OK, I dont think they check too much tbh.

Woops. Should have said Paypal. I've tried it and it still declines it. I'm getting pissed off now. maybe if it actually gave a meaningful error message :|
  • Options
    Paypal is shite. Try emailing them or using their contact form. Dont expect a quick response though.
  • Options
    Jazza wrote:
    Lloyds TSB. I have an Under 19s account

Nah I mean is it a Switch, Solo, Visa Electron card etc?
  • Options
    Crispy wrote:
    Nah I mean is it a Switch, Solo, Visa Electron card etc?
    Sorry, heh. It's a Visa Electron. I emailed customer services (my bank's) and they replied today (odd, Easter workers :S) and the lady said that Visa Electron might not work on internet. Fucking annoying.
  • Options
    It should work on Paypal, it is one of their registered cards.