Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Saving Quicktime movies

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
There is some stuff on Kontraband.com I wanna put on to phone but I dunno how to download the files, any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    well if you can't use save target as from a website then it is probably a stream. I did know a program for ripping streams but forgotten. I would put stream ripper in google but in a hurry.
  • Options
    I've just had a quick play and it's do-able! Find the page you want, then view source, then you need to find the source of the video, (to do this in firefox just click on the screen and type .mov and it should be the first result there! If that doesn't happen tools>options>advanced> click find as you type). Copy the url into a new tab/window. Then file>save page as and it should just get you to save the .mov file!

Should work similarly in another browser i would imagine! Hope that helps,

e.g the Paul Kaye video from here http://www.kontraband.com/show/show.asp?ID=339&NEXTID=&PREVID=367&DISPLAYORDER=0&CAT=&NSFW=0&page= the source is this http://www.kontrabandcontent.co.uk/1/graphics/movies/paul_kaye3.mov and it just saves the file when i save page as!
  • Options
    Right click on the icon at the bottom near your clock (or go to Edit-->Preferences)

In browser plugin select save movies in disk cache.

You should then be able to search for .mov files after you've watched them and find a copy (probably in Temporary Internet Files).
  • Options
    Should of thought of just viewing the source and then looking for the .mov file, cheers :).