Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Speed Dating

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
what do you think of it.

Comments

• Options
    Dunno, never done it and probably wouldn't.
  • Options
    I don't think i would, even if i was single.
    But it obviously works for some people, so yeah, whatever takes your fancy really.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    What is speed dating?
  • Options
    What is speed dating?
    its where you move around a room, or to different tables chatting to different guys/girls for a really short measured period of time, - like chat to each person for 60secs - and then you move onto the next one. doing the same thing. and then the next one. seeing if you click with anyone by the end of the evening.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    otter wrote:
    its where you move around a room, or to different tables chatting to different guys/girls for a really short measured period of time, - like chat to each person for 60secs - and then you move onto the next one. doing the same thing. and then the next one. seeing if you click with anyone by the end of the evening.

Oh. Ok then.

Whatever floats your boat I suppose. Not really my thang (even if I was single)
  • Options
    I've tried it twice. The first time I was as nervous as hell, and it really did take me a little while to get into it and settle down. The second time I went, I knew what I was doing, I knew the drill, and I even took a mate along with me as moral support.

I never met anyone special there, but it was a different sort of night out, and you do actually get to meet 20 or 30 members of the opposite sex in an environment you can talk to them, albeit briefly, and everyone knows what they're here for so there's no mixed messages.

As long as you treat it as a bit of fun - a novelty - then you can't go wrong.
  • Options
    You tend to get a lot of women aged 35 to 45 going to these things.

I don't really like the idea of only giving someone 3 minutes of your time to get to know them, but a lot of women espacially seem to like the idea. Most such events are always struggling for even men to go
  • Options
    Oh - and I almost forgot... My friend did have a "match" who he agreed to meet outside a pub. As he drove up to the pub, he had the sinking realisation when we saw who was waiting for him that he'd got mixed up when ticking off the girl's on his card - and was about to meet up with a completely different girl to the one he thought he was due to meet !

All credit to him though - he did stop and and have a pleasant evening with her, although it never developed anywhere....

I guess this sort of thing can happen when you meet so many people in such a short space of time - remember - you have been warned !

Another quick word of advice - girls are more likely to bring a friend, so tell consistent stories - and don't speak about any of the other datee's you've just met as you go around !
  • Options
    Went once, it was a great laugh, met lots of fun people. Not something to be taken seriously, don't expect to find your future One however, treat it like it is (a fun night out to meet new people) and you'll have a good time.
  • Options
    I'd go try it if I was single. Sounds like a fun night and it's important to have someone with a sense of humour.
  • Options
    Yeah I would because it's a laugh and ya never know ;)

If you're in the city then it'd be a good way to make new friends.
  • Options
    snowman123 wrote:
    All credit to him though - he did stop and and have a pleasant evening with her, although it never developed anywhere....
    Most blokes wouldn't have stopped, so that was nice of him. :)

I don't really have an opinion on the whole thing. I don't have much self confidence so I don't think it would be an option I'd consider.
  • Options
    I'd probably be too shy to do it, however I think that it sounds like a good concept ie. meeting lots of new people.